Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dell Computers - A story of woe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell Computers - A story of woe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyMac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Dell Computers - A story of woe Reply with quote

Hi all, new here,

Just wanted to warn the assembled masses, I have had a total nightmare with Dell! I ordered an X5 with Tomtom 3 + kit etc on 27th July 2004, on the following Monday morning they delivered a large brown box, I was delighted. Only problem was that it was a box containing 30 faulty optical mice from another Dell customer! They had not opened it, but put my address label on and mailed it to me.

So began the Dell Customer Dis-Service phone calls, every day from Monday to Friday of that week, each time "I am sorry sir, someone will call you back before the end of buiseness today to help sort this matter out, thank you for calling Dell, have a great day!" (In a very thick Indian accent each time, often not understandable)

By following monday, still no joy, cancelled order, that is the 2nd of August, nothing has been dilivered except these optical mice, again, calls each day of that week, 2nd-5th August. Mice eventually collected on Friday by a courier who didn't know what he was collecting, or where it was going, hooray.

Then checked Barclaycard statement, they have taken the price of the 2 part of the order, one lot on 27th July, one lot on 4th August, 2 days after I cancelled the order. I phoned again on Friday 6th August, told someone will get back to me by end of the day, no call again!

Called today (Mon 9th August) "Sorry, no refunds for at least 7 days after we FIND your order has come back!"

Why the hell did it leave the factory in the first place?!

Dell are useless, have appaling customer services, all Indian with no idea, no follow up potential, no manager/supervisor/link to a UK person! No ability to make refunds, no understanding of distance selling legislation, and totally unable to reply to e-mail, phone call, complaints or any other form of contact. NOTE: The only Dell enployee you can talk to in England are the salesmen, who instantly cut you off or transfer you to India when they realise you are not going to give them any commision money/orders.

Useless and a total waste of time.

Andy
AndyMac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised the shocking spelling in that post, am still a little miffed, sorry

Andy
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffered a similar experience when I was purchasing a laptop in late 2001.

The laptop I ordered was delivered to the wrong spec., and in the end I had to escalate it to the VP of Customer Service. It was swiftly collected and sorted after that. However, it was not a happy experience and I vowed not to buy a Dell again after that.

I ended up with a Toshiba in the end.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andymac

get onto Barclaycard,

As the goods are over £100, they can get the money back for you.

Explain your problems, they are very helpful.
AndyMac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got on to barclaycard, they asked me to send a copy of any e-mail which confirms that Dell have been told that I have cancelled the ordeer and requested a refund, as if Dell are going to actually send an E-mail, Ha! not likely, more wasted phone calls ahead me thinks!
AndyMac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how do you get the attention of the VP of customer dis-service at Dell?
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyMac wrote:
So, how do you get the attention of the VP of customer dis-service at Dell?

Pop over to www.aximsite.com and ask the guys over there. I'm sure someone on there would have details.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with getting it all sorted.
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I bought an Axim X5 a while back as we needed to test our software with Windows Mobile 2003 and no-one had updates available. We ordered the cheap one, with the slow processor and 32Mb memory, slated for '9 days delivery' as all Dell systems are built to order! It arrived three working days later, with the faster processor and 64Mb memory at no extra cost.
Lester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a run-in with Dell several months ago. Didn't bother with the monkeys...went straight to the organ grinder !

Nobody at Dell will tell you who the big-cheeses are, but at the time the head honcho was Bill Rodrigues. Fired-off a stern letter and next day a very helpful lady from Customer Services called and I had the distinct impression somebody very important had told her to sort it to my satisfaction.

Might be worth a go:

Bill Rodrigues
Vice President and General Manager
Dell Computer Company
Bracknell
RG12 1FA
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned and used several Dell PCs and laptops, and dealt with Dell. Typically, my calls were handled by Ireland. I guess they must be having teething problems with their migration to an Indian call centre. I would not blame India for this, as they are typically highly educated and diligant in their work. I guess Dell has to sort out their systems and training if they want to save money and improve service to customers, otherwise they loose business and customers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: