Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - which version do i have?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

which version do i have?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheream1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: which version do i have? Reply with quote

Hi all,

can some 1 tell me how i can find out which version of xtrac i have on my new fortuna clip on, i hav ipaq 2210, tomtom 3.03,fortuna clip on, 512 mb kingston sd card. and a bluetooth dongle connected to my pc

i hav d/loaded crux view aswell but need advice on how to procede to find out which version i have.

thank you :D
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to find this information using three different applications (inc crux view) none of them worked. I never found out what version I had until I flashed the clip-on then I knew (of course) it had version 2.

I suspect that the version information is not actually available on Version 1, so you could be banging your head against a brick wall.

However there is a non scientific way to see whether you Clip-on is at v1 or v2. When you get a satellite fix in TomTom, does the middle LED go green or does it stay orange. Remember to check that the pin hole slider is set to XT mode when you look at the middle LED. If the LED goes green in XT mode you have Xtrac v2 if it stays orange you have v1.

Because you can't see the version number I think you have v1.

Remember to make SURE that you set the clip-on to XT MODE before you flash the firmware. Otherwise you trash the XT mode of you lovely GPS.

Hope this helps
Memory Map
wheream1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TC

when i switched it to xt mode it stayed orange for around 20 seconds while it tried to get a fix, then when it did get the fix it changed to green, i guess then mine is already the latest, version 2.
Yipeeeeeeee as i won't hav to try to flash it.

i do have another problem though, my tomtom keeps locking up evry few minutes the only way to get it to work again is shut down tomtom 3 and restart it. my tomtom is the latest v3.03, and i hav ipaq 2210 and 512mb kingston sd card, all my package is vertually brand new,only had it a week.

i wonder if i were to leave it in xt mode in normal city area, would that end the frequent locking up of tomtom you think? i.e is he problem of locking up (tomtom nav)because i'm tryin to use it in normal st mode in urban areas?

any advice greatly appreciated.
:D
Shoom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I found as soon as I turned of Checkpoint and all the POIs in TT the lock ups stopped tell me if this works for ?
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had TT lock up on me. However when I created some POI overlays I found that sometimes TT wouldn't start at all. So I am aware that POIs can have more effect than you might otherwise think.

My advice is only ever have the minimum number of POIs displayed. Just because you can display everything doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it.

Also I am aware that there have been problems with certain manufactures SD cards. If you can try a different card that might also help
Memory Map

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: