Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using TT3 European Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using TT3 European Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swarrans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Using TT3 European Maps Reply with quote

Has anyone used the detailed maps of Europe for TT3 and consider it worth the extra £100 or so?
My neighbour is going to Italy and has asked me if it's worth upgrading the MRE to the detailed maps.
He currently has a 256MB CF card in his Ipaq 2210 with GB and MRE and is considering adding an SD card with full detail for Italy - are MRE and the detailed ones fully integrated? - ie can he navigate to Itlay using MRE and then seemlessly use the detail in Italy?
He needs to be able to find small hotels etc in Italy which I presume MRE won't have (no points of interest?) but hopefully the detailed one will?

Simon
andrewh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he cannot use MRE and Italy seamlessly. I usually navigate to the destination town with MRE and then at some stop point before I arrive switch over to the country maps.

To date I have used France, Netherlands, Belgium (where I live) and Germany maps with near 100% success.

Points of interest can be fine but it is much better to know teh address of the hotel or whatever you are looking for. I have noticeed a few POIs that are slightly misplaced but nothing that gets you lost.

definitely worth £100 if you will be travelling abroad with any regularity.

Andrew
Andy_Hill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The European maps are well worth the money, the standard software with Major Roads is okay for example if you want to get to Epernay in France.

If you wanted to get to a speciffic place, say Moet En Chandon for example, you would be knackered as the MRE map would on get you to the nearest main road, and would you know the name of that road?

Probably not!

For £100 to have the Wife not stressing at you because you are lost is worth every penny, in fact, I would pay double that!

What's more if you think that you wouldn't get much use out of these maps after your trip, just sell the package on eBay.
swarrans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies - I've been doing some "dry runs" using MRE (it's actually my neighbour who's going traveling, but he's not very techno so he needs some help from me before he goes).
It seems like MRE is more or less useless for finding actual places, but before I splash out another £100 plus of his money on the detailed EU maps, could Andrew or Andy please tell me if (for instance) you can find the car transporter train station that goes from Dusseldorf to Verona?
Do the maps have hotels, stations etc on them like UK so you don't necessarily need to put the address in?

Thanks, Simon
Andy_Hill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can, yes, as for speciffice location in Italy I honestly don't know but in the France map there are train stations, ferry ports, all sorts including Winery's!

You can download all the supermarkets and petrol stations and loads more at http://poiplace.oabsoftware.nl/index.php

I have just returned from France and used these maps with 100% success.

There were only a couple of times where a roun about appeared with out TT showing it, but apart from 2 or 3 occasions like that it was brilliant!

2500 miles stress free.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: