Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 3.03 & 4150 BT connection problems.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

3.03 & 4150 BT connection problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwackers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: 3.03 & 4150 BT connection problems. Reply with quote

Hi, I have a problem with the initial BT connection when I turn everything on:-

If I turn on the GPS, then turn on the 4150, go to the BT menu, and pair with the GPS, everthings fine. I can run Tomtom and the get a BT connection.

At this point I can turn the 4150 off and back on and everthing is still fine.

However once I've turned the GPS off, (and then back on) when I run TT it hangs for a while then runs without the GPS. In the BT manager the paired menu no longer shows the GPS, any attempt to pair the two devices now fails. What I now have to do is soft reset the iPaq and re-pair with the GPS.

So in a nutshell - whenever I turn off the GPS - the next time I turn it on I have to go into BT manager and remove the GPS pairing and then re-pair it in order to make it work...

I'm sure this problem has only appeared since I updated the software to 3.03 - although as a newbie I have fondled lots of settings on the iPaq Rolling Eyes

If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful...
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some other posts around this issue - looks like all you need to do is uninstall the TomTom GPS driver and re-install the older version 2.07 (from our downloads area). Don't forget the soft reset in between.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
kwackers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've rolled the gps driver to 2.07, but this seems to have made no difference... (running the gps utility now shows V2.07)

The only safe way to ensure a connection to the iPaq is to remove the gps pairing and then re-pair with it (preferably with a soft reset in-between).

I don't know anything about how BT works - but I can't see what can change if you turn the GPS off and on - if cycling the iPaq caused the problems I'd understand...

I really wanted this to be a no-brainer, just turn it on and go Sad
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you actually need the pairing? Most BT GPS receivers will allow connection to their SPP even when they are not paired.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
kwackers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Do you actually need the pairing? Most BT GPS receivers will allow connection to their SPP even when they are not paired.

You know, it never occured to me that they wouldn't need pairing - a little knowledge is a dangerous thing... Embarassed

I tried it without the pairing and it seems to work fine - probably didn't need to revert the software after all...

Many thanks for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: