Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP PLEASE! TomTom Navigator3 Wired GPS & iPAQ 4150
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP PLEASE! TomTom Navigator3 Wired GPS & iPAQ 4150
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davedsl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Technical Support totally rubbish. Reply with quote

I reloaded the TTN3 software on my iPAQ 4150, put the Receiver outside for about two hours. Still no joy.

I beleieve there is an incompatability issue between TTN3, the iPAQ 4150 and the GPS Receiver.

I HAVE communicated with Tom Tom Technical support by email. If I were you, I wouldn't bother.

I gave them a full description of the equipment I am using (iPAQ 4150, TTN3, TT Car Cradle, TT GPS Receiver) and the config. I asked them to confirm that the GPS settings on the iPAQ should be TTN with "Serial on COM1".

Their response - "There is a manual on the CD".

I sent another email stating that I had read the manual first and that it was of very poor quality. The manual had NO information whatsoever as to the configuration settings and I couldn't understand why the manufacturer did not know how to set up their own system with their own equipment.

I also asked further questions such as "When exactly does the dotted link between the satellite icon and the PDA icon do anything?

Their response...
"Have you tried setting the Serial on COM1 and powering it on". Yes, really.

After that, I changed my GPS Receiver (bought from Expansys) and I checked with Dabs (for the Car Cradle Kit) that no kits had been returned due to faults (a friend of mine is the Marketing Manager). Dabs said they had only sold 6 kits at the time and none had been returned.

So, what is the problem? Got to be an incompatibility problem. Just for some finger exercise, I will email Tom Tom again. Watch this space.

Dave
JamesM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed TOMTOM, and got an (apparently) helpful response (see quote):

"Dear Mr M,

If you connect the wired GPS to the right side of the cradle and you see NO light on the TomTom wired receiver itself then either the GPS wired receiver is faulty or the cradle is faulty and more than likely it is the cradle. Since you just purchased this item contact the dealer and notify them that you have called us and we have verified that you have a D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) cradle or GPS receiver and that they'll need to swap this out for you.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

If you get the light on (albeit briefly), you would seem to have a different issue to me. I am returning my cradle/car kit initially, and will keep you in touch.
den13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my Ipaq 2210.
I have a green light on the car kit but no light on the gps 'mouse' receiver... And nothing that moves in the soft TT gps.

I find strange that so many people have the same problem...
Is the answer of TT really correct???
stan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fuse in the cigar power cable fuses on mine unless i connect to ppc
after connecting to the cigar lighter

stan
ceand
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D
Success! Sort of.
I purchased a Haicom 204S, plugged it in and hey presto, instant working SatNav
So much for TomTom supplied receivers
sn0rg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting. Ibought my setup (4150 + TT3 BT) and the whole lot worked out of the box.

Only problem I had was with the Seido powered mount. Whilst mounting the device I snapped the arm (at the suction cup). Bit of superglue sorted that out though!
rbrumpton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesM wrote:
BTW I decided to eliminate buildings or a dead spot from the equation - took the car and unit to the Downs in Bristol - top of a hill, nothing within 100 yards, almost 180 deg sky coverage, and not a squeek, even with the GPS on the roof. It must be a defective component, or some sort of compatibilty issue, which is annoying, because I didn't get bluetooth GPS because of the problems reported alse where. ironic or what!

I think I am haivng the same problems as you. The cradle is powered from the cig socket and has a green light on it. The GPS mouse (wired to the cradle) is not doing anything at all. No lights or any sign of life (It was working on Saturday/Sunday but kept giving me "COM1 not found" errors)

I am using a Dell Axim X30 and have done a hard reset and reinstalled the 3.03 version of Navigator and GPS. I've also changed my SD Card that has th emaps on it and tried both a 256mb Sandisk and Panasoinic.

I'm pretty sure that the GPS mouse is broke. I'm currently sitting in my car with the GPS mouse on the roof. It's been like that for an hour and nothing....

How did you get on with yours?
Richard
czd01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: i just registered to say i get the same problem... Reply with quote

i just registered to say i get the same problem...
i'm using X30, tomtom wired gps...my pda cannot fount this gps via any port!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

but i found some information :

settings>>connection>>beam
untick "receive all incoming beams" may solve some pda problems...it will release com port 1 or 2....but not work for dell X30...@_@
yealmgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reset the GPS engine! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I had loads of problems with my ‘wired’ TomTom installation. There was no GPS data due to a receiver/antenna problem. Try a software reset using the WinFast Navigator. Download the program to PC. Install on PDA and then run WinFast Navigator from the PDA in the Car kit with GPS receiver/antenna connected and select the RESET option. WinFast should then show whether your GPS unit is working properly in that you get position and satellite status, etc. This bypasses all the TomTom software and just shows whether the GPS unit is playing ball. The GPS unit LED should slow flash green for normal operation. If you have a position on the Winfast Navigator then all should work using the TomTom application.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: