Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need a bit of help - Medion/GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a bit of help - Medion/GPS

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cessna
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Need a bit of help - Medion/GPS Reply with quote

I live in Spain, wanted a PDA, heard about Aldi/Medion bundle, so I bought one. Basically it seems to work OK, but the problem is, it is all in Spanish (can't be changed), and my Spanish is not brilliant.

I tried to get hold of a PDF file with English instructions, from the support centre, but no joy.

I have got the GPS working OK, but I am unable to do a few things, both on the PDA, and also with the GPS.

1. The town where I live must have about 10,000 houses, yet the Pocket PC refuses to accept the postcode (which is the same for everywhere in the town!). Is there some way to specify lat/long for a point of interest? (it shows my exact location on the map beautifully, so at least the streets are in the database, even if the postcodes aren't).

2. I would like to use Microsoft Reader (to download a English/Spanish dictionary!), but have not succeeded. I think this is linked in to another problem, where I have always used Outlook Express for my mail server. I assume that I need to use Outlook from now on - but I haven't managed to get that to read my email - I still have to go to OE, because Outlook does not pick up any email at all.

3. I still haven't figured out how to transfer Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, etc. to the desktop PC, nor PC files to the Medion. If I try to drag and drop from the PDA to the C drive, the PDA files are all greyed out. If I try to drag and drop from the PC to the PDA, when I hover over the PDA, the icon shows that it won't accept it.

I appreciate this is not a problem that anyone else would have, so I don't want to clutter up the forum, but if anyone thinks they can help, either with a follow-on to this, or send me a message directly, I would be grateful.

PS - Third attempt at sending. Glad I looked elsewhere in the forum, and saw the tip about "Invalid Session" - the trick of turning off the firewall worked immediately.
Cessna
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, I posted this, then realised it was in the guestbook forum - not where I intended.

Please don't reply to this, I will re-post elsewhere.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cessna has reposted this in the navigon forum please use it for replies

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: