Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OSGB, LAT/LONG, Co-Ordinate Converting
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OSGB, LAT/LONG, Co-Ordinate Converting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Batch postcode to waypoint POI conversion Reply with quote

mugwump wrote:
hi,

I've knocked up a site that will do postcode batches but it was never intended to do *thousands* 8O

How many are we talking about?

Can you split them into multiple smaller batch jobs? If not I could manage the batching myself with some modification of the code.

In total, we're talking maybe 5000, but they can be broken up into chunks of any size....do you think it would work? If you want to IM me the URL I'll test it and let you know....
mugwump
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh 5000!

I set an application limit of 50 at the moment to control load on my servers (they do lots of other things, this is kind of a background task).

The largest batch anyone has actually submitted is 21! 8) That worked fine..... but you are in another magnitude. Confused

There is no reason in principle why it cant do that many. Chuck 50 or so at it and see what comes back. I also suggest you check the following FAQ entries.

Exclamationhttp://ukpostcodes.boldlygoingnowhere.org/help/index.html#jobs

I only wrote it in an evening so its pretty harsh, if it doesnt like your data it will probably just bin it and send you nothing!

The application is at Arrowhttp://ukpostcodes.boldlygoingnowhere.org/index.html

Note it is also very *alpha*, I havnt finished the site yet and some of the links dont work but the backend is pretty much there.

If 50 at a time is too small for you (ok I appreciate its not ideal!) then I will have to think about how to do it. If I had the complete list then I could parse it through myself but I have a real job too!
barryhunter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I havent checked this forum for a while Embarassed

I haven't got any sort of batch interface, (yet). But if you can send me the list of postcodes, I can easily create a list of lat/long's for just thouse postcodes.

PM me if interested,

Barry
Top_banana
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 300 odd ngr's that I need converted to lat/longs. Any body know a tool I can use?
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Ordnance Survey website you can go to their GPS site where you can download the free Grid InQuest software, which will do batch conversions for you. You will need to register on the site.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: