Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Has my tomtom gps unit failed?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Has my tomtom gps unit failed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vygec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Has my tomtom gps unit failed? Reply with quote

I Bought tomtom3 just under 2 months ago. Yesterday, ive encountered a problem whereby the gps unit is not responding anymore. It was working fine until last night, unfortunately it failed while i was driving (it was only on for about an hour, prior to this it was coming off from a full charge). The signal dropped and i was not receiving anything on the gps unit (i.e the blue flashing led was not there anymore).
I tried to turn the unit on/off, however i was only getting 2 red lights. Once home, i have left it on for a full charge. When i try to switch it on, now i am only receiving a green led, it blinks then switches off (the led on the right), from the bluetooth light i am not getting any response.
I have tried a number of things, but it looks to me the unit is faulty?
As i have mentioned, uptil now the unit was working fine, just yesterday it has stopped functioning, i have not changed any settings. The version of tomtom i am running is 3.03.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it has died. If you're only getting the green light when powering on and no blue light, or it flickers once and no more, then it's usually down to it failing.

You'll prob see errors on your PPC trying to connect too.
vygec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got my replacement in the post this morning. Should the new unit be a plug n play?, i.e do i need to 'reconfigure' the new gps unit, or should it just detect the new one automatically. Because at the moment im not receiving a signal, the unit is also fully charged
any thoughts?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to go through the pairing process again in BT Manager because each GPS has a different serial number.
vygec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry to be a pain, im still havin a prob! Ive got a a new connection in BT manager, but no active connections. When im in BT mgr, blue led on gps unit is flashing, whenever im in tomtom, the blue led is constantly on (i.e not flashing) Hence im able to use the unit still.
is it something basic which ive missed?! Rolling Eyes
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't sound like you have a bonded connection, I would delete (tap/hold) in BT Manager the icon for your old BT GPS and the new one, delete it, then soft reset the PPC and create a new pair between PPC and BT GPS using the correct pair key.
andyblissett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly how my machine works, and I dont conside rthis to be a problem. When I am in Tomtom I get a constant Blue, and all works fine, when I turn off Tomtom, the light goes to a flashing blue. I dont have any problems with that.

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: