Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wired GPS woes!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wired GPS woes!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucavig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Wired GPS woes!! Reply with quote

I have Palm Tungsten T3 and Navigator 3 Car Kit with wired receiver.

So far I have had the Tungsten and the entire Navigator Kit replaced by the shop I bought it from and the receiver replaced once by TomTom. On each occassion, I was getting a "NO VALID GPS DEVICE" message.

Sometimes I could do a reset, unplug the power from the cradle, re-plug it and the software would find the gps receiver OK and I would carry on using it. Sometimes on one day it would work, on other it would not and suddenly burst in to life after trying combination of above things.

Now, however it has gone again and no combination of reset, power off, power on, bluetooth off, bluetooth on, yelling "Work, you stupid !!!" has made any difference.

I currently have a support question outstanding with TT, but I am wary of simply replacing the receiver again because I think it is going to continue happening until my years warranty runs out. Should I cut my losses and go back to using quill and parchment?

Anyone have any similar experiences or ideas to try, I would be most grateful.

Regards

Luca
mark_mcg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: NO GPS Signal on Palm Tomtom Reply with quote

Hi
I am getting exactly the same problems- cannot work out the combination to get the GPS recognized- I have the full TOMTOM carkit-GPS etc, I also upgraded to TT 4.12 but it can take up to 30 mins before GPS found
I have reported fault to TOMTOM - Let me know if you get a response

When it works it is excellent- but why do I have to wait 30 mins before I can use it ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: