Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - checkpoint 3.2 tt3 and gps ov2 files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

checkpoint 3.2 tt3 and gps ov2 files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: checkpoint 3.2 tt3 and gps ov2 files Reply with quote

Confused i`m having a mare of a job trying to get this up and running. i`ve installed checkpoint 3.2 and synced it correctly, all the files and icons are displayed when i check in overlay settings. I then downloaded the ov2 files and followed the online guide to place them in storagecard/great britain etc. this shows up as stated as a folder with not synchronised. Open the folder and click on the ov2 file to associate it and nothing shows up in tt3 (icons are non existent. even from properties show poi all i`ve got is the bog standard icons. names of the speed cameras are there but no icons.) heres the weird bit, the pointer, if hovered over a known camera location shows "speed camera" with no icon. I installed tt3 as an upgrade and was running checkpoint previously with no problems. Oh and another thing, why when you download UK only checkpoint files does it download all the european stuff that you don`t need. Any help would be much appreciated.
barrowfordred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. Check My documents/Checkpoint folder to see if the bitmap images are there. Mine are but it still doesn't work.
My solution is, copy the camera bitmap images over to the TomTom folder with the map in and scrap Checkpoint. It doesn't work with PPC2003.
You can see the cameras on the map view so you get a visible warning just that there is no verbal warning from Checkpoint.

I've now tried every version of Checkpoint on my 2215 with PPC 2003
rom version 1.00 whithout it working. The thing locks up every time.
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the reply barrow. I`ve checked as you sugested in mydocuments/checkpoint and they are all there icons included but just not showing up. anyone else got any ideas?
andyblissett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are both the OV2 and bmp file in the map direcotry on the storage card, and both exactly called the same?
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive copied the bmp files over to storage/great britain as barrow suggested and the icons now show up in tt. however, it takes forever to load and only the speed cameras are shown not the shell esso etc icons. i`m guessing there are too many bmps and its slowing it down, my next task is to delete all the irrelevant icons.....german restaurants/garages etc.
andyblissett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did exactly this. I thought, well I have about 100mb free on my card so I will sinc the lot, no problem. Thing is tomtom never started again, So I did what you suggest and removed all the ones i didnt really need, and all worked fine
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Aha! someone with a bit of sucess.

ok then..at the risk of incurring ridicule. I have discovered this.

1. The files in the storage card/Great Britain folder needed are e.g burger king from the checkpoint install to show within tt navigators poi menu.

2. If only these files are there then no icon will be present

3. Copy the bmp files that you need from mydocuments/checkpoint to storagecard/great britain

4. icons will then show in tt navigator poi menu and when selected on the map.

5. If you just need it as a reference. Remove checkpoint after doing this as the icons still show up on screen but no warnings are given.

6. I shall now wait until checkpoint is updated before re-installing. Maybe i`m just one of the unlucky ones

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: