Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems re-connecting BT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems re-connecting BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Problems re-connecting BT Reply with quote

I got an HP4150, Clip-on, EU Prymenav bundle a couple of days ago. Very pleased with the software and impressed with the positioning accuracy and reliability.
The problem is that when I switch the Ipaq & receiver, I can not re-establish the BT communication easily, and have to re-set the ipaq each time. It may say connected with blue lights each end and no data flow, or it may say BT is on, but when I try to connect it just fails, or a couple of time it has said not enough memory, do re-start. Once connected it's been fine.
I've no idea what to try next. I've switched off all the BT services except serial port, and paired the clip-on.
michaelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall a post hereabouts, where someone had to keep re-setting their Ipaq. I cannot find it here, but maybe it was in Tomtom, Navman or Beginner's lounge ??
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may hit trouble if you power down the iPAQ or Clip On without ending the Bluetooth link.

I'm not familiar with the Prymenav software, but is there an option to exit it somewhere? Unless you have software installed that adds the feature, tapping the X at the top right minimises rather than closes applications on Pocket PC.

David
michaelp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comments. I will be testing your suggestions. So far, it rather seems the only times it has reconnected is when the application has been left 'on-screen', just using the close button does cause problems. I also think that as soon as I get Windoze BT Manager running (when I've used the 'connect' option ), then it will be trouble. On a re-start the application usually starts the connection itself OK.
I also think it would be better if the application was installed on the SD card to free memory, but I do not remember an option to do this. Actually, I do not remember installing the application at all; I installed the maps to SD and the application did it's own thing. How to install to SD ?? Confused
mad_bob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same problems with PrymeNav on my 2210 and clipon GPS. I am not able to close Prymenav with the exit button. Every time I switch the 2210 off and on Prymenav restarts. I have tried to kill the proccess with itask but this casues all the hardware keys on the 2210 to lock up. The only option seems to be to do a soft re-boot every time you have finished using Prymenav. I have also had problems starting Prymenav and maintaining a connection with the clip on.

I have also had several other issues which are mentioned in my post under other software. GlobalPossitioningsystems.co.uk (where I purchased Prymenav) have been less than helpfull in fixing my problems by telling me that they are not aware of any issues with Prymenav and packing me off to the Prymenav technical support team!

I know that my hardware is OK as I have used memmory map for a while without a single hitch.

If I find a solution I will let you know

Bob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: