Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Thoughts on New Icons in App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on New Icons in App
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akkipaa wrote:
Looks good, better than current ones. Two comments to consider, I prefer squares more, but can live with round ones also. Most of the time I don't look the phone, but when inspecting some new/changed road, phone and icons are visible. Round ones look (too much) like traffic signs and these are more "guidance" to drivers (like square/blue traffic signs).

I have seen mobile cam icon also with standing cam and police figure. Square icon gives more space, if you like to add police man (at least here, mobiles are 95% police operated).

Yes, I like your thinking on that. White circle with red border 'looks' like a speed roundel. Square would stand out more. I'll have a rethink. I'll speak with the developers about making the icon packs an option too.

Priority at the moment is just getting the damn thing to work with the newer and much stricter Android rules...

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultimate wrote:
MaFt wrote:
ultimate wrote:
Looks good, might prefer the traditional speed camera symbol for the fixed cameras if that could be an option.

I will consider it as a future update. Basically, I was trying to get something more generic that can work globally and not just the UK. Plus the yellow icons merge too easily with Google's yellow road scheme in the maps...

Thanks, sorry I didn't mean keep the yellow gatso icon you have now, I was referring to the black and white logo for a gatso that you see on the approach to them, but in the red circle style you have

Yeah, that makes sense. Cheers for the clarification.
akkipaa
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Is it worth removing the single category of Redlight (non-speed camera) and placing all its cameras in the RedSpeed (redlight and speed camera) category or sub-category for the relevant speed limit if known?

I agree. I have understood that redlight needs special technology to the camera which is non-visible. So, we don't know if the cam is capable to both. So, just warn about the speed and red.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: