Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Naviagtor 5 / Dell AximX5 Reply with quote

Having seen and read the reviews for the soon to be released upgrade from TT3 to TT5 I was disappointed to see that the list of compatable PDA's did not include the Dell Axim X5 - have TomTom now abandoned cutomers using the X5 - can anybody in the know confirm that the X5 will or will not work - I would be completely outraged if after just a year of purchasing this system only to find that I have to buy a new PDA to get future upgrades
evilsheep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have this problem with the Palm version, I have the latest update. It drives me crazy particularly with only having a 5 digit postcode checker. Has anyone found a fix for this that works on the Palm version?

DavidW wrote:
There was one very important problem we raised that was fixed - read my (now unstickied and locked) "open letter".

At the time I wrote that piece, I wasn't a forum mod. People who used the early builds of Navigator 3 in the UK will remember that the address lookup was awful. You got an unsorted list of streets in the county of the town you entered. My test case was "Stalham", "High Street" - which gave all the High Streets in Norfolk, with the right answer some way down the long list.

TomTom not only fixed the application to sort the address lookup results by distance from the city entered (which meant that usually the right result was the first result, and if not was in the top two or three), but they patched the application to allow you to look up on places that had been left out of the database in the maps.
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does TTN5 have 7 or 4 digit postcode lookup? The review said 7, but the discussion elsewhere in this thread left me confused...

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN5 will have full 7-digit postcode lookup. :D

Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic :D Thank you.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 on XDAIIi Reply with quote

Hi there,
Appologies if this has already been answered but,

Will the XDAIIi be fully compatible with TomTom Navigator 5??? Question

Also has anyone got any more news out of TomTom about the release date of Nav 5 yet?! So much for the March release date!!! Sad

Would greatly appreciaite a reply,
Cheers,
Keep up the good work,

lydiachris :D
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire v5 playtform will support 7 digit UK postcodes. The reason why some people believe this not to be the case is because the current versions of software we had under beta didn't currently support it for the reviews, so some screenshots show 4 digit still. I can confirm that all versions we ate now testing include 7 digits.
R1chard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that in V5 you can't change the speed settings but you can select a number of profiles such as "quickest" "shortest" "walking" and "cycling". It's the cycling which interests me.

Currently if I use my TTN V3 for cycling I reduce the speed settings for Motorways and International roads to their lowest setting (5 kph I think), Major roads I set a bit higher and other roads I set higher than my average cycling speed. This normally keeps me free of motorways and encourages TTN to take me along minor roads unless a major road is significantly quicker. It's a bit clumsy but it works most of the time.

Can anyone tell me how the "cycling" profile in V5 works. E.g.
- does it avoid Motorways and International Roads altogether? Some international roads in some countries are effectively motorways.
- What speeds does it use? Average speeds on bikes can vary quite a lot depending on the type of bike, your fitmess level and the amount of gear you're carrying - I've usually got 25 kilos of camping gear with me! The type of road you're on rarely makes a difference as it does with car driving.
- Does it recognise dedicated cycleways(somehow I suspect not!)? Not much use in the UK but would be a huge benefit in some countries.

Cheers

Richard
ias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a list of compatable pdas / pocket PC phones
likes Imate PDA2 or PDA2K for eg
Jigsaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Navigator 5 on XDAIIi Reply with quote

lydiachris wrote:

Also has anyone got any more news out of TomTom about the release date of Nav 5 yet?! So much for the March release date!!! Sad

I've just got this response to a question about buying TT3 now and getting free upgrade to TT5:

"We can not confirm too many details for you now as TomTom is still finalizing some of the details of the upgrade, however we can inform you that there will be more information on our website next week regarding the upgrades etc. If you buy TomTom Navigator 3 now you will not necessarily receive a free upgrade so we would advise you to keep an eye on our website in the next week and basically read through the information thoroughly. Please contact us if you have any further queries.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

Looks like it's getting close :D

Gordon
terryd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: TTN5/Speed Warning Reply with quote

According to your (good) review it seems the POI alerts within TTN5 do not give the speed warning if you approach the POI above your preset speed limit. This is an excellent feature of Checkpoint. Will Checkpoint work with TTN5?

IPhone SE, TomTom GO, Memory Map (UK & France), Linesman
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd party add-ons will not work with TT5 untill TT release a new SDK file and 3rd party programmers update thier programs.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: TomTom Maps of Western Europe Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just wondered if you are interested in this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75327&item=5765940204&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It is my auction on eBay for TomTom nav 3 maps of western europe, I got 2 copies of it for Christmas (after some confusion) and now I am selling one copy of them. They have only been opened once and NEVER been used or registered on the TomTom website (www.ttcode.com)

Price: £80

Hope they might be of some use to someone..

Cheers,
Keep up the good work,
Lydiachris

ps. Embarassed I hope I havn't broken any forum rules by "advertising" the maps on your website. Just thought some people might want them for a good price thats all !!!
vik4sh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Info from Tom Tom regarding release date of TTN 5 Reply with quote

Just recieved this email from Tom Tom re TTN 5 release:

Dear ,

TomTom Navigator 5 will be available in the summer of this year.

TomTom Navigator 5 is compatible with the following models:

Compaq
iPAQ 3870, iPAQ 3970

HP iPAQ
hx2110, hx2410, hx2750, hx4700, rz1710, rz3715, h1940, h1945, h2210, h2215, h4150, h4350, h5450, h5455, h5550, h5555, h6340

Toshiba
E400, E800 BT, E800 WiFi

palmOne
Tungsten T3, Tungsten T5, Tungsten C, Zire 72, Treo 650

Sony Clie
TJ 35, TH 55

Acer
N30, N35

Qtek
1010, 2020, 9090, S100

Orange
SPV M1000

T-Mobile
MDA, MDA II, MDA III, MDA Compact

Mitac
Mio 168

Asus
Mypal A620

DELL Axim
X3, X3i, X30

Fujitsu Siemens
Pocket LOOX 410, 600, 610

O2
XDA, XDA II, XDA II S

i-mate
PDA2K

Vodafone
VPA III, VPA compact

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

am a bit suprised it is not compatible with the dell x50v!!! anybody disagree with this????
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah also the XDAIIi !!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 8 of 25

Jump to: