Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI EDIT connection please help going round the bend
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI EDIT connection please help going round the bend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corsaboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: POI EDIT connection please help going round the bend Reply with quote

Hi i updated my poi edit
but when i connect to download or update a file all i get is check you proxy settings or internet connection.

I have used the old version of poi edit for about 1 year and had no problems but now all i get is that same error (#10061) proxy settings.

I am not running behind a proxy server i have a firewall but i have even tried running it with the firewall turned off still same thing. My internet explorer settings r all as it says on the help part of installing poi edit and still nothing can anyone help me i have just put all my stuff back onto my ipaq as i had to hard reset it due to it kept crashing (freezing)

Any help would be great thanks people
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get to the file that lists the POI's we have, you will need to make sure that you have Internet Explorer set to no proxy settings and POIEdit set to use IE settings.

If you can get the update file just not update the POI's, then we are experiencing problems with the download server today, and we're having problems bringing the server back online. This is currently being looked at, but due to bank holiday weekends, there's very few staff available at the NOC to try and resolve the problems.

Hopefully the POI/Download server should be back up soon...
adventurer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also getting the same problem with this (#10061) proxy settings error.

I have made no changes to my internet or poi edit settings.

Also i have followed all instructions to the letter. Not sure what to do next.

Maybe it it the dowload server causing the problem.

I did see a few messages about this problem on the POI edit forum. I think one user stated he was having problems with pocketgps but could still update from POI handler.

GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS - BT 338

Now IPhone 4 with Tom Tom
corsaboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when the service will be back to normal?
I have updated my poi edit to version 3.5 but like i said it just wont get the database. Hope you are right about the server as being the problem just this software and database it great my hat goes off to everyone that has took part in making it happen.
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not resolved yet, but can't tell you how relieved I am to know that I am not alone on this one. Like you, I just downloaded the newest version and then found I was getting that error message. Been through IE settings, firewall. everything ... including uninstalling latest version and reinstalling 3.2!......really started to think I was losing it. Amazing how that panic sets in when something related to my TTN3 like this goes wrong. Well, now we at least we know where the problem is, and can look forward to it being resolved soon. Thanks again for raising it and letting me know I wasn't alone!
marcliam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know how you feel! Been playing around ith PC today and thought maybe I had changed something I shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we should wait till end of holidays for a resolution.
dnote
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to do with the crashing of the pocketgpsworld.com servers. I think they have the problem resolved now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: