Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK) Reply with quote

Their website kindly gives profiles and email addresses of all their executives so I have asked the question of them.

I'll let you know if I get any response from any of the below

haroldg@tomtom.com, corinnev@tomtom.com, peterp@tomtom.com, pieterg@tomtom.com, mikel@tomtom.com

Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Delayed TTN2 Upgrades (Was TOMTOM SUCK) Reply with quote

Nick, you could well be right . . . . I had a real running fight with DHL . . . they left a note saying they had tried to deliver our package at 10.30am when we were out. We got home that evening and there were absolutely no contact numbers for 'out of office hours', so I rang their local office (5 miles away)at 8.45 the next morning during their 'office hours'. Nothing. Eventually at 9.05 someone answered the phone. She said that the vans had all gone out for the day and I should have contacted her earlier (!!!!) but IF the vans were not busy they would return to the office for a second load, and she would then be able to put my parcel on the next van to come to our town! I told her it was a crazy system that customers couldn't ask for parcels to go out on the first fleet of vans to leave. I asked her if this was likely, ie, are they busy, and she couldn't say! She said the best solution was for me to go and get the parcel, but I pointed out to her that the idea was that I had paid for her to deliver the parcel to me! This was before the Easter hols and it would mean that the parcel would sit in the office all over Easter etc etc. I had a bizarre conversation with her on the phone and then said that IF I drove to their office and then discovered that the parcel was actually on the way to my house in a van I would have a 'funny five minutes' in her office, and would she please be SURE to keep in touch with me and let me know if the parcel stood any chance of being delivered that afternoon. In the end she rang me back and said it was being delivered that afternoon!!! Buffy :0)
jayshry
Occasional Visitor

I am sorry, but tomtom have failed to reply to two of my previous e-mails i have sent them telling them that I am willing to send them the tracking number despite the fact it will take two weeks to trace.

I am really pi**ed off at the fact that I only recently purchased the orginal CD and I did not even make a copy of it so I have LOST OUT in all respects.

I am extremely angry at the fact theat they do not have the decency to reply to my emails and furthermore they have told me they have NOT received my original CD.

Are these people a bunch of cowboys ?? If I received an email written by a human I would be happy.
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

my upgrade was supposedly dispatched 22nd April for 2 days DHL. It hasn't come and tomtom ignore all emails.

Interesting legal position, you return something you have bought, give more money , and end up with nothing.

Replying to the dispatched email goes to support@palmsoftware.com, I've also tried support, info and sales at Tomtom.
jayshry
Occasional Visitor

For everyones information i got a voucher code from tomtom and they asked me to pay the carriage cost which is fine and it says will be with me in 5 working days via dhl

I will keep everyone updated. Please note that first come first serve basis is NOT true because i sent mine as soon as the form was out on their web site.

As for the legal position, if you have sent it via international special delivery then they will provide you with an upgrade but it takes two weeks to track the parcel. If you sent it via regular mail you do not have a leg to stand on.

I think, as Dave pointed out, they have been inundated with upgrades and orders and so have no proper system to cope with orders. I would probably guess that they will actually send all upgrades once the massive backlog has cleared.

Anyway, I have just had some other good news - watch this space !!!!

cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

They have received what I sent, given me a code, taken my money on Friday 18th, said they have sent it DHL with a confirmation email on Tue 22nd to take 2 days.

It hasn't arrived, I can't get a tracking ref from them as they don't reply to email.
simmybear
Occasional Visitor

cfcjohn,

I'm in the same porition except they took my money on the 3rd April.

I have been debating whether to claim the money back from my credit card company but as TT have my old TTN 1 disks and I'd be left with nothing then and a problem as to how to recover my initial investment.

Does anyone know of any other TT e-mail address apart from the support@ etc. Not that I expect they would answer that either

I for one am really getting beyond giving them the "benefit of the doubt".

SIMON

jayshry
Occasional Visitor

No, but if you seek you shall find given that TT have been taking the for a while now
Eagle
Occasional Visitor

I have had the same problems with Tom Tom that a lot of other customers have.

Email from them on 8 April saying goods have been shipped.

Money taken from my Credit Card on the 9 April.

No software.

Emails to Tom Tom.

No replies etc.

I eventually phoned them up yesterday and spoke to them about the problems. They apologised and said their system had cocked up, they had my software there and it would go out today.

I recieved an email from them today apologising and blaming DHL for not sending the goods but informing me that it had been shipped and they actually included the airway bill No, something I had been asking for. So I guess the goods really have been shipped and I should receive them soon.

If you can get an airway bill No. you can track DHL packages on the web.
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

I tried calling (+31 20 4469 469) but they don't answer the phone either.

I will try again later, then maybe send a fax.

Maybe this should be on tthe front page Dave? TomTom upgrade delivery problems?

Doesn't appear to be isolated.

nicknick
Regular Visitor

I finally got my TomTom 2 (UK) today, after posting the TTN 1 disk on the 9th.

I would have got it on the 22nd but for DHL.

Someone phoned my mobile on that day, but I wasn't able to take the call. They didn't leave a message.

Yesterday I was just in the middle of an EMail to TomTom when I thought what about that phone call. Luckily, the number had been logged, so I phoned it. Surprise, surprise it was a DHL man, and he delivered my parcel today (he needed directions).

But why didn't he phone again or leave a message?

Is this the source of some of the problems people are having?

NN
cfcjohn
Occasional Visitor

Great!

DHL tried to deliver 30 minutes ago but my wife was in the garden and they dropped a note through the door.

I rang DHL and they confirmed the package was actually sent yesterday, not the 22nd that TomTom said in their mail.

We will see what comes tomorrow.

Btw no reply to the email - maybe it's a public holiday in the Netherlands today?!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Good news cfcjohn! I'm awaiting a response from TomTom on why this has taken so long and why people are people being told different things each time they talk to someone.

I agree with everyone in this thread, this sort of support really isn't on, and will be very bad for their business as a whole in the market place.

Many people won't be willing to upgrade to TTNav3 when it comes out in this fashion seeing the amount of people being kept waiting in the dark.
simmybear
Occasional Visitor

Great news I've finally got the goods ONLY 46 DAYS after applying for an upgrade AND 28 DAYS after being charged!

Let's compare it with my personal Top site benchmark for Internet shopping CD Wow -

Example 1): Goods ordered on a Sunday afternoon UK time delivered two days later at 0715 Uk time all the way FROM HONG KONG and this was two weeks before Christmas.

Example 2): Order despatched but not received after 7 days sent e-mail by return got confirmation of second dispatch received within 48 hours.

So Tom Tom that's real customer service!!!

SIMON

m4rkw
Occasional Visitor

Having purchased 5 (v1.x) country maps <6months ago, I sent the CD's off to get the upgrade voucher to v2.x When I recieved it I logged onto the TomTom website to purchase the maps, only to notice that a 'Western European Map' was available, that would replace and exceed mp existing maps. I looked at the upgrade options and noticed they suggested I had to upgrade 1 country, then purchase the WE mapset for 189EUR. Unfortunately there was little info re. the WE map, and it appeared to be not available for online purchase.

I have sent 3 mails to TomTom Support, asking if the WE maps do indeed, replace all the individual maps. ie. same functionaility as individual maps? If the 189EUR quoted on the site is the standard price for this mapset? (If, so its a rip-off, as anyone who's already spent >400 EUR (750 in my case) should get the upgrade for FREE!) I also asked, if I can use the upgrade at retail stores, as an online purchase currently seems impossible.

After delays of several days, I received standard mails, not answering any of the questions at all, but making lame excises for the poor distribution.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: