Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A Dilema, TT Go OR TT Go 700?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A Dilema, TT Go OR TT Go 700?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: A Dilema, TT Go OR TT Go 700? Reply with quote

I currently own the original TT Go which is perfect and sometime this year I shall be driving down to Spain from England, I also maybe driving to Italy at a later date.

My current TT Go is still the standard 128MB SD card with only UK maps installed, I would need to purchase the maps of Europe (£100) and a 2GB SD card (£150), I could buy a smaller SD card or two 1GB SD cards and keep switching but knowing me I would lose one of them so I'd be better off with a 2GB card so that I can get all of the maps onto one card.

Now the TT Go 700 is out around May time for around £650, I could buy one of those and sell my original Go for around £200 meaning the TT Go 700 meaning the TT Go 700 will cost me £450 and if you deduct what the maps of Europe and a 2GB SD card will cost £250 it will mean that I'm only paying £200 for the TT Go 700.

Is this a good idea or am I just trying to kid myself it is.

The advantages for me are...

1, Bluetooth to my mobile phone.
2, Faster processor, anyone know how faster in time will it calculate a route?
3, Maps of Europe installed so I won't be losing any SD cards and won't need to swap maps when border crossing.

Am I being greedy/stupid or does it seem worth spending the extra £'s?
billybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how often you plan to drive in Europe. If it's just the one-off trip I would say keep your Go and just put major roads of Europe (which you already have) on an inexpensive 128mb card. That will get you to any city centre. Just swap cards when you cross the Channel. Job done.
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybob wrote:
Depends how often you plan to drive in Europe. If it's just the one-off trip I would say keep your Go and just put major roads of Europe (which you already have) on an inexpensive 128mb card. That will get you to any city centre. Just swap cards when you cross the Channel. Job done.

Around 3 times a year.

I also missed out that the TT Go 700 has remote control aswell.

And looking at the link to GPS website the TT Go 700 is £550.

Thumbs Up
billybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRubberGloves wrote:
billybob wrote:

Around 3 times a year.

I also missed out that the TT Go 700 has remote control aswell.

And looking at the link to GPS website the TT Go 700 is £550.

Thumbs Up

£550 is a steal, considering you'd have to spend £120 for the street maps of Europe. So if you sold your Go for £200 it would cost you £225 to upgrade to the 700 (£325 minus the £125 for the maps you would otherwise have to buy). Is it worth £225 for two or three trips to Europe? Possibly. But remember, you already have Major Roads of Europe which is going to get you to any City. Which is pretty much all you need for holiday driving.

The remote control? Seems a bit of a gimmick. A major benefit of the Go is the simple touch screen. What's the logic in screwing around with a remote? In most cars the Go is mounted within easy arm's reach.

I would say the Go 700 is perfect for a commercial long-distance lorry driver who spends most of his time making deliveries in France, Spain, Italy etc and who needs to talk and drive a lot on a mobile phone.

Tempting tho' the 700 is, I know that my current original Go will give me 99.9 per cent of what I need, especially once it's upgraded to version 5.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: