Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help!!! Speeding fine
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!!! Speeding fine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People speeding and breaking the law is the one thing I can not stand, ok fair enough you’re late but then you should leave early and give plenty of time for your journey. When im on the motorway most people are doing 90/100 some even more, I could shoot them people they really do P me off. They do not realize if the person in front needs to break sharpe for what ever reason they will be straight in the back of you and will cause a massive pile up. It’s just not worth it like I said if these people want to break the speed limit let them go and do it some where else not on the road with people that value their life. One day someone is going to be sorry for being so close up my a** I tell you that now. I got kids in the car, and if I have to break they will be in the back of me so I say to them people if you got a brain in your head pick up the dam high way code book and start reading, look up the stopping speed. If people just drove properly and used their brain a little accidents would be down by 50% I even see some people doing 100mph when it’s raining really heavy, just mad. those people could not give a dam about their self or the other drivers on the road. They should have there license taken from them and should be ban for life from driving ever again.
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
People speeding and breaking the law is the one thing I can not stand, ok fair enough you’re late but then you should leave early and give plenty of time for your journey. When im on the motorway most people are doing 90/100 some even more, I could shoot them people they really do P me off. They do not realize if the person in front needs to break sharpe for what ever reason they will be straight in the back of you and will cause a massive pile up. It’s just not worth it like I said if these people want to break the speed limit let them go and do it some where else not on the road with people that value their life. One day someone is going to be sorry for being so close up my a** I tell you that now. I got kids in the car, and if I have to break they will be in the back of me so I say to them people if you got a brain in your head pick up the dam high way code book and start reading, look up the stopping speed. If people just drove properly and used their brain a little accidents would be down by 50% I even see some people doing 100mph when it’s raining really heavy, just mad. those people could not give a dam about their self or the other drivers on the road. They should have there license taken from them and should be ban for life from driving ever again.

What about road rage then? Ever suffer? :D
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do get cross when im in the car, and I got people all around me that are in dangering my life. But I don’t do road rage, never take it out in the car.
Madkitty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from someone that was hit at 80mph whilst stationery on the m25 PLEASE dont get me started on speeding Angry

TomTom Navigator 3
HP Ipaq 1940
512mb SD card
Checkpoint
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A polite request:

Speed and speeding is an emotive issue, and there have been one or two heated posts already in this thread.

I'd just like to remind people to keep it civil and to treat fellow posters with respect, even if they disagree with them. I'd also like to flag up that this thread really is off-topic for the forums.

For now, I'll leave it alone, but if the thread gets too heated, it will be locked - possibly for a while to let things cool down, or possibly permanently.

David
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Help!!! Speeding fine Reply with quote

Supersnapper wrote:
I had been done for doing 82mph on a 70mph dual carriageway back in January,

Lots of information is here on this website:

http://www.pepipoo.com/

Check that they have their facts straight and that they served the notice correctly. If they have then you should probably just pay it. Confused
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Help!!! Speeding fine Reply with quote

Supersnapper wrote:
Hi Folks, Only had my TTG just over a week, downloaded the uk speed camera data base within a day or so every thing working fine.

Guess what, got home from work today and opened a letter from the "Safety Camera Unit" saying I had been done for doing 82mph on a 70mph dual carriageway back in January, Does anybody know anyone who has got away with this type of offence using the advice by the ex police officer who advertises on this website.

Cheers

Graham Crying or Very sad

Off Topic Off Topic Off Topic

What on "Earth" has this to do with GPS?

He may have a TT Go, but the Thread is about getting of a speeding fine.
Supersnapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry lads, I didn't mean to start world war three, all I asked was did anybody know anyone who has got away with a speeding fine. Gingernut says this has got nothing to do with GPS, so why is there four links on the top of page 1 of this topic relating to speeding, or motoring convictions, I thought a forum was to help other users who may have a problem I didn't realise it was only for GPS navigation systems. If I saw a post with a question or request for help and I knew the answer I wouldn't hesitate to answer regardless of the topic.

Once again sorry for any bad feelings that have arisen from this topic, and a big thank you to all who have helped with other links, they have been very helpful.

Thanks

Graham Embarassed
d33mb33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently also got caught by a silver van at the side of the road. (I've already added the position to my TTG to remind me next time I drive down the road!)

I didn't get my NIP through for a month but as I wasn't the registered keeper of the car the 14 day period doesn't apply Sad

You could contend it in court but you'll probably lose and get a bigger fine/and or more points instead.

Take the 3pts and pay the £60.. that'll be the end of it.
Georgecooldude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.

I'm 18. if I get points I am banned from driving and have to re-take a long driving test.
Barsnake
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comment To A Earlier Post
I Do Strong Believe You Are Banned If You Get 12 Points Or More In A Rolling 3 Years But The Points Are On Your Licence For 4 Years

Sitting With 3 Two Years In :-(
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madkitty wrote:
from someone that was hit at 80mph whilst stationery on the m25 PLEASE dont get me started on speeding Angry

Ahh, now see, if you had not stopped then he would not have hit you! That was not a speeding issue, that was a "I was fiddling with my TTG and was not looking where I was going" type :P issue.

I know, I know Just kidding. Probably true though.
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishlist wrote:
Madkitty wrote:

Ahh, now see, if you had not stopped then he would not have hit you! That was not a speeding issue, that was a "I was fiddling with my TTG and was not looking where I was going" type :P issue.

I know, I know Just kidding. Probably true though.

Notice I said he hit you!
pottsy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
People speeding and breaking the law is the one thing I can not stand,

I can understand you getting upset about the cause of 7% of accidents. But why not focus on the remaining 93%? Or maybe get mad about the fact that we have NO recurrent training. I am a professional driver (not on the roads though) and I have to pass my full driving test (8 hours - 2 x 4 hour sessions) every 6 months. Lets have drivers tested/trained every 10 years, at least.

http://www.abd.org.uk/one_third.htm
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys were way off gps ground here and in to road safety this is gps forum as david has already said earlier please cool down this is very emotive issue if no valid points other than continually quoting each other this thread will be locked

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: