Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator Palm - CONDUIT error on Updating
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator Palm - CONDUIT error on Updating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator Palm - CONDUIT error on Updating Reply with quote

Seeing TomTom have some major issues in updating the Palm OS version, and thanks to Falkien on this thread for finding a work around, I thought I'd document this a bit further seeing that on the latest version the notes differed slightly.

If you are receiving a CONDUIT error when trying to run the SETUP program to update TomTom Navigator Palm, then follow these manual instructions!

1. Take out your SD card and put it in an SD card reader on your PC (ensure that the card is WRITE ENABLED)
2. Download the TomTom Palm update from TomTom's website
3. Unzip the update and ensure that it's path contains no spaces e.g install to c:\temp\ttpalm
4. Run the executable and this should create some directories like palmos\starter
5. Browse to c:\temp\ttpalm\palmos and there is a navigator.cab file. Providing you have WinXP or later, double click this and it should open up as a directory. If not, you need to use a CAB file extractor program.
6. Copy these files out of the CAB file into c:\temp\ttpalm directory

0000data.003
000start.001
00munich.002
NAVIGA~1.000

7. Now rename these files as follows:-

rename 0000data.003 to data.chk
rename 000start.001 to start.prc
rename 00munich.002 to Munich.bin
rename NAVIGA~1.000 to setup.dat

Backup your files first before overwriting (just in case)

8. Rename SD Card\TomTom\data.chk to data.chk.old
9. Rename SD Card\TomTom\Munich.bin to Munich.bin.old
10.Rename SD Card\PALM\start.prc to start.prc.old
11.Rename SD Card\GB Navigator Map\setup.dat to setup.dat.old

Now copy the new files onto the SD Card from C:\TEMP\TTPALM

12.Copy C:\temp\ttpalm\data.chk to your SD Card\TomTom directory
13.Copy C:\temp\ttpalm\Munich.bin to your SD Card\TomTom directory
14.Copy C:\temp\ttpalm\start.prc to your SD Card\PALM directory
15.Copy C:\temp\ttpalm\setup.dat to your SD Card\GB Navigator Map directory

That's it. Wait a minute or two just in case it's still writing to the SD card. Then take out the SD Card, put it in your Palm and push the stylus into the soft reset pin hole on the rear (to make sure TomTom Navigator isn't loaded in memory) and then re-run TomTom and you should now be running the latest version.
r6demon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have completed everything as you have said but I do not habe a directory called GB Navigator Map as in this section:

11.Rename SD Card\GB Navigator Map\setup.dat to setup.dat.old

I have left the setup.dat file out and it seems to work ok?!?!

is this a problem?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have UK maps installed to your SD card you will have the GB Navigator Map directory or it will be called something similar.

If you don't have it on your SD card then you haven't purchased a legitimate version of TomTom for Palm.

The Map directory will be approx 100mb in size.

You will need the setup.dat file.
r6demon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dave thank you for the reply. I have the original SD card the TOM TOM supply. I have a directory called GREAT BRITAN MAPS but there is NO setup.dat file in there.

I have tested the unit now and it all works fine without this file. I have even loaded the speedcamera POI's and they work too! (that bit I LOVE!!)

The only problem I had was the card telling me taht I was out of space so I had to back the SD card up to the laptop and delete the files I was going to replace from the card. This was the original error I was getting when trying to do the update Via hotsync 'Error Card Full'

I can only think That I have a) a dodgy card - but have you tried getting help from TOM TOM!!!??? USELESS!!

or B) I have an older version of the software on my card?!

Dont know whats going on but AT LAST I have version 4.4
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to overwrite, providing the card is write enabled. Some cards can exhibit a problem in overwriting so deleting the files first and then re-copying them can resolve this, you may also want to put the card in a card reader and run a scandisk against the drive letter that shows against the card just to fix any errors that may be on the card.

Re Setup.dat, I'm not entirely sure what this does, I believe it's related to the install and is required so if you do wipe the Palm and want to re-insert the SD card to install Navigator then I think you may have some problems here.
JamesHenderson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Dave - You are a Star :D Reply with quote

Dave,

Brilliant !!!

I have had a support request in with TomTom for 6 weeks now and the last reply they gave me pretty much accused me of running an illegal copy of their softwate (how that's got anything to do with the Windows installer not working is anyones guess). ...By the way my copy is completely legitimate.

I do have one problem though - I no lonseem to have "Jane" - I've got no sound at all. Can you tell me which file this is and where it shoudl go?

Thanks again,
James.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JamesHenderson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Jane OK Reply with quote

Problem fixed, thanks.

I just used your method to open the Jane .cab and reinstall her files according to the Jane .ini file.

James.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: