Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.global positioning systems.co.uk - RMA's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.global positioning systems.co.uk - RMA's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: www.global positioning systems.co.uk - RMA's Reply with quote

Bought some stuff from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk and didn't like the mounts, so as per the distance selling directive law (you can return anything for any reason within 7 days) we have requested an RMA (Returns Merchandise Authorisation). Nothing for two days now... Tried to call as well, but was kept on hold forever, so gave up.

Slightly worried that the 7 days is up tomorrow and they may refuse to take the mounts back.

Anyone else experienced returns problems with www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk ?

Thanks - Simon.
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMT,

We have intermittently had issues with customers not receiving the RMA email. After thorough investigated the only thing we've ever been able to put it down to is SPAM filters sifting out the emails.

If you send me your order reference number to catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk I'm confident I will be able to resolve this for you pretty quickly.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager
SMT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have the RMA, thanks...
hope
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: www.global positioning systems.co.uk - RMA's Reply with quote

I am one having problem with this company. Bought TOMTOM Bluetooth GPS towards end of last week on 2 orders. One order for myself and a few of my mates as well. My order came and was promptly desptach on Friday, while the 2nd order was held back as my credit card payment was held back by the bank due to fraud protection (anyway, it is sorted out).

My order came yesterday (Monday) and it was a disappointment that it was dead on arrival. The TOMTOM bluetooth GPS cannot be switched on even on charging. Thus, I called www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk on the invoice, choosing option 3 for technical support. Guess what? For twice I waited for more than 15mins almost half an hour on the phone. One during 12+ and the other one is 3+ in the afternoon. I understand that they might be busy but is more than 15mins close to half an hour. I have spend almost an hour of unproductive time waiting and listening to radio discussion. After the time spend, I still cannot get anyone to talk to or get a RMA for return, jolly knowing that they may fool you around if you return the item directly without a RMA.

The only person I could speak to is the order section which they say they cannot do anything and the customer service department simply just direct me to the technical depart which is a dead end. I asked for alternatively channel and the staff only responded when I demand my right as a consumer. Asked the customer service to get the technical department to call me back when they are free, she said they can't! All I want is a RMA to return the faulty unit and is it really that difficult to do so? Sorry to say that I was mad about the service about them and I had wasted my time on the phone waiting endlessly. My lost of productive hours, are they going to compensate me? I wonder if I will get my faulty part resolve. Now, I don't fancy anything else other then getting my full refund back after seeing their poor performance of service on my first purchase from them. I don't know if it is a technique they are employing or could they really been busy? Reading from this forum it seems to be the case last year as well and I suppose it has alway being like this all this while. After tele-conversation with the customer service department with my demand (pardon me if I was harsh but anyone who deal with them will be reacting such way), they said they will response to me on email with a RMA within 24 hrs and soon at 3.30pm (Tuesday, 15th March 05), it will be 24hrs. I heard nothing yet!

With regards to my order, I bought a discounted TOMTOM bluetooth GPS which was stated as return by other customer. But it is not a faulty one that I want to buy, not minding if it doesn't come with the retail package. I suspect they are chunking out their faulty goods this way to get some good money instead of getting back to their supplier. Sorry to say this but I am feeling this way from my experience now. So future buyers, please beware of this! Is best if you can go there to pick it up and inspect the goods before purchase!

Due to the ordeal I experienced, I decided to cancel my 2nd order yesterday which wasn't depatched yet. It was an order for 5x TOMTOM bluetooth GPS for my mates and colleges here.

Let see if they will send me a RMA for return of the item and if I get my full refund back (I hope!). Is a shame that I thought they were reputable and has a service to match as well. I will keep an update of my ordeal here.

My order reference number is 132192 and anyone is welcome to contact me to verify my statement.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
WSL Chiang

SMT wrote:
Bought some stuff from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk and didn't like the mounts, so as per the distance selling directive law (you can return anything for any reason within 7 days) we have requested an RMA (Returns Merchandise Authorisation). Nothing for two days now... Tried to call as well, but was kept on hold forever, so gave up.

Slightly worried that the 7 days is up tomorrow and they may refuse to take the mounts back.

Anyone else experienced returns problems with www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk ?

Thanks - Simon.
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hope,

I'm very sorry for the delay you've experienced. The Returns department do have a bit of a back log at the moment which is why they haven't replied to your email yet. However, someone from our Technical team will be calling you shortly.

If you experience any further problems you can email me at catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk

Please accept my apologies and we will do everything we can to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager
hope
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: www.global positioning systems.co.uk - RMA's Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you, Catherine for the reply. Appreciate for the reply. Indeed a RMA number came towards end of the day on 15th March. Just wondered with the advance of computing technology, a system for creating a RMA queue took about a day.

RMA reply
########################################
Dear Sir,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your enquiry.

A returns number had been created for you (RMA#20050315020).

Please return the items for refund. Your postage will also be refunded, so please include a receipt for it.

Kind Regards

Duncan Houston

Technical Support Team
##########################################

Anyway, item was sent back via special delivery on the 16th March since I won't want to be caught in the situation where the faulty good didn't arrive so I want to have a proof of delivery and a guranteed too. Since they said they will refund me which I did enclosed a reciept.

18th March I received an email informing that the item was received and few hours later, another email informing me that a refund was initiated.

22nd March, original amount taken was reflected in my online account. Wonder how they will compensate me on my postage as they said.

Summary: -

1. Never buy those discount items from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk unless you can be there to physically inspect and test the good. My feeling says those are rejected goods, not really a bargain as they claimed. Just wonder why the GPS receiver wasn't tested prior delivery since they were returned items. Is just a press of button and bluetooth with a PDA and run the GPS software to test (test than 5 mins of work).

2. Be prepared for similar ordeal if something went wrong with your items. You will be wasting your productive hours calling them. If you read the thread under this section, it seems to be a consistent problem. If you encounter a problem, best way if you could sent an email to the address here (least you know you are dealing with a person not recorded message and listening to some radio discussion).

3. Postage for special delivery back = £5.20 + 1-2 hours of unproductive hours (waiting on the phone)

4. Pay peanuts, get monkey:- I cancelled my previous order of 5 GPS units for myself and mates due to this ordeal. Once bitten twice shy and I bought them elsewhere at slightly higher price (just a quid more) and got them on the 16th March, happy with them and they are all working. I even notice that place where I get them from has a section for online RMA.

Anyway, this company should do something about their support, which I doubt since they was in discussion last year as well. All I can say now is they potentially lost my business for 5 units of tomtom bluetooth. I cannot recommend or ask anyone to avoid this retailer but to inform everyone of my experience. Hope I have not been biased here.

Kind regards,
WSL Chiang

hope wrote:
I am one having problem with this company. Bought TOMTOM Bluetooth GPS towards end of last week on 2 orders. One order for myself and a few of my mates as well. My order came and was promptly desptach on Friday, while the 2nd order was held back as my credit card payment was held back by the bank due to fraud protection (anyway, it is sorted out).

My order came yesterday (Monday) and it was a disappointment that it was dead on arrival. The TOMTOM bluetooth GPS cannot be switched on even on charging. Thus, I called www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk on the invoice, choosing option 3 for technical support. Guess what? For twice I waited for more than 15mins almost half an hour on the phone. One during 12+ and the other one is 3+ in the afternoon. I understand that they might be busy but is more than 15mins close to half an hour. I have spend almost an hour of unproductive time waiting and listening to radio discussion. After the time spend, I still cannot get anyone to talk to or get a RMA for return, jolly knowing that they may fool you around if you return the item directly without a RMA.

The only person I could speak to is the order section which they say they cannot do anything and the customer service department simply just direct me to the technical depart which is a dead end. I asked for alternatively channel and the staff only responded when I demand my right as a consumer. Asked the customer service to get the technical department to call me back when they are free, she said they can't! All I want is a RMA to return the faulty unit and is it really that difficult to do so? Sorry to say that I was mad about the service about them and I had wasted my time on the phone waiting endlessly. My lost of productive hours, are they going to compensate me? I wonder if I will get my faulty part resolve. Now, I don't fancy anything else other then getting my full refund back after seeing their poor performance of service on my first purchase from them. I don't know if it is a technique they are employing or could they really been busy? Reading from this forum it seems to be the case last year as well and I suppose it has alway being like this all this while. After tele-conversation with the customer service department with my demand (pardon me if I was harsh but anyone who deal with them will be reacting such way), they said they will response to me on email with a RMA within 24 hrs and soon at 3.30pm (Tuesday, 15th March 05), it will be 24hrs. I heard nothing yet!

With regards to my order, I bought a discounted TOMTOM bluetooth GPS which was stated as return by other customer. But it is not a faulty one that I want to buy, not minding if it doesn't come with the retail package. I suspect they are chunking out their faulty goods this way to get some good money instead of getting back to their supplier. Sorry to say this but I am feeling this way from my experience now. So future buyers, please beware of this! Is best if you can go there to pick it up and inspect the goods before purchase!

Due to the ordeal I experienced, I decided to cancel my 2nd order yesterday which wasn't depatched yet. It was an order for 5x TOMTOM bluetooth GPS for my mates and colleges here.

Let see if they will send me a RMA for return of the item and if I get my full refund back (I hope!). Is a shame that I thought they were reputable and has a service to match as well. I will keep an update of my ordeal here.

My order reference number is 132192 and anyone is welcome to contact me to verify my statement.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
WSL Chiang

SMT wrote:

Thanks - Simon.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with this company was excellent. I ordered the TomTom European maps (at one of the best prices available) My order was acknowledged by email, but checking order status on the web it did not appear to have been despatched on the promised day. However, unlike most web based mail order companies there is a telephone with a real person at the end. The person I spoke to told me that my order had been despatched, it was just the web site which had not been updated. Sure enough, it arrived via Royal Mail the following morning, within the promised time scale.
Robin
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently waiting for a return to be acknowldged - sent via special delivery 2 days ago (but the PO had a major outage yesterday which may have cost me a day) - the item was a present and I'm hoping they will do the exchange ASAP as the items are in stock - viamichelin for palm tungsten e.

I had a 15 minute wait to talk to someone and my RMA email didn't come in the 2 minutes promised - this was not an issue with spam filtering - it just wasn't sent when promised.

I still believe this supplier is reliable and worth repeat business - I hope my replacement items arrive early next week.

Ian
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well - unhappy now.

PO say the package was delivered and signed for on Thursday 24th, I emailed GPS on Saturday (and got a reply - good service) saying that they haven't received it (oh dear).

I've checked again with the PO and they are sending me a proof of delivery and I have asked GPS to check again but no reply as yet - looks like I face a bit of a wait - overall unimpressed - who with PO and/or GPS remains to be seen.

Catherine - if you are reading this could you perhaps chase it up original order no. 135796

thanks

Ian
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update - looks like either gps found the parcel or the PO delivered it today (I'm inlcined to think that the PO was at fault due to the big problems they had last week with a chemical scare).

Anyway I have been notified that they have shipped a replacement so fingers crossed for tomorrow - confidence in gpsltd restored. :D

Ian
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

replacement arrived yesterday - all ok - happy :D

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: