Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMODS - avoid!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMODS - avoid!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sh01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS - avoid! Reply with quote

Ordered a few accessories from them on 3rd Feb. The order was delivered a few days later but they sent one of the items wrong so i called them and some sales guy based in india told me that i'll have to email support as there is no phone number for support.
Did that explaining the problem and asked how to obtain a returns number for the wrong item. Got a one line reply from some guy called Ian a few days later saying "We have sent the correct pack to you."
Nothing arrived for two weeks so emailed them again and got another one line reply: "Will check on this for you." Nothing after that so I emailed again another 2 weeks later saying I want a refund. Didn't get any response again so I complained to consumer complaints who are part of trading standard authority (http://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk) and emailed pdamods letting them know that i have complained on which i got this reply within an hours from them:
----------
Hi,

Ok, we will deal with them directly.

Thanks

Ian
----------

I don't think I would ever be buying from them again! As my order was below £100 I can't claim a refund from my credit card company either. But a warning to anyone thinking of buying from them - think twice because if things do go wrong they only have this unhelpful guy called Ian to sort your problems out who may or may not reply to your email even!

SH
Kirk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used PDAMODS this week to order cradle and receiver for my MDA111 and got very worried when I saw a few posts on here saying that we should be wary of PDAMODS.
I ordered the mount and receiver on Monday and both were delivered by 9am Wednesday morning and postage was just £2.99.

I would happily use them again.
sh01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will go out of business if they messed up every order obviously. But if they are alot people having problems with a particular retailer then there is obviously a problem with them or their customer service. The difference between them and a reliable ratailer is that a reliable one will put things right asap if they make a mistake.

Everyone has to use their own judgement if they want to buy from such a retailer after reading other people's experiences, thats the whole point of this forum. I am sure majority of people didn't have any problems with pdamods but I have seen quite a few negative posts about them and if I had read them before I ordered them maybe I would have used a different retailer.
Vic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted an external GPS Antenna for my Leadtek 9537 BT Gps which has an MMCX socket. I emailed PDAMODS asking which one of theirs had a suitable plug fitted and they replied saying that the TOMTOM was the one. I placed an order, as I needed it promptly I requested Express shipping at £4.99. The unit was not delivered for four days and came by normal first class post and not the Special delivery which I was expecting.

To add salt to the wound, the antenna had an MC connector fitted and not an MMCX! I was in a real hurry for this and have been let down.

I have emailed them and have immediately returned the antenna (no use to me) to PDAMODS by First Class post which cost me 60p!! I have requested an exchange or a full refund.

I will update on here as progress is made. To give PDAMODS credit they have been fairly good at replying to emails though haven't yet replied to my one yesterday informing them that I was returning the item.

Vic
MK-IIa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS Reply with quote

I too have bought several items from PDAMODS with varying levels of (dis)satisafaction.

My first (Express Delivery) order got 'stuck' in their system, so after 8 or 9 days and several phone calls on my part, was cancelled for a second Express delivery order - which took 6 days to arrive.

The Fortuna Clip-on supplied appears defective as it wont find any satellites and cannot maintain a bluetooth connection...however it might be a local issue, so I ordered an external antenna (without paying express shipment) this arrived in 2 days, but is not the right item, as it will not fit the Fortuna.

Have been in correspondence with the famous 'Ian' to try to obtain a returns number & shipment of correct antenna but with no satisfactory result yet.

Which ever way you look at it, this is not comfortable purchasing.
Vic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a full refund about 10 days after returning the antenna.
Gorf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Another (Dis) satisfied customer Reply with quote

I recently purchased a memory card for my Loox 720. Got sent an email saying they would contact me when they were ready to send. A day goes by so I emailed them, they said it was sent the day before, even though there website said it hadn't. I really wanted this quickly so I asked for express delivery and shelled out £9 postage. It's been two days haven't got anything yet. After reading the post here I am really looking forward to seeing how it arrives.
Davemil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some kit from them and after 8 days had not recieved or heard anything from them , I emailed and got a reply saying Ian "would look into it"now 13 days since the order still no emails or kit and I've asked for a refund (twice) and the next step will be to use my card protection service.
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: PDAMODS Nightmare! Reply with quote

I ordered a case and sylus for my Ipaq and was sent the wrong items by PDAMODS.
What followed was over a month of the most ridiculous hassle imaginable. I'm not going to go into the whole saga here, just go to:
http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=109949#109949
to see my tale of woe.
They ended up posting that they'd found it difficult to deal with me as I'd been abusive to their staff. I immediately posted all the email correspondence I'd had with them which proves them to be LIARS on top of everything else.
Avoid these cowboys at all costs. I only lost £20, what will it cost you!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: