Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hard Wiring to stereo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Wiring to stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morph
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Hard Wiring to stereo Reply with quote

Ive been looking into hard wiring my PDA into the back of the car stereo via cd changer socket, due to the terrible sound from the ipaq 4150 and poor reception (allegidly) from FM transmitters. The idea is to have great voice navigation and i can play all those mp3s ive collected. HOWEVER, its a minefield out their, seems you need an auxilliary input adaptor and then if your lucky you might get the right cable to fit your stereo, and its gonna cost about £50. the only supplier ive found is :

www.incardiscount.co.uk

any1 had dealings with them, or tried this set up, advice appreciated.
Fifer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot depends on the brand of head unit. I got an aux-in cable for my Blaupunkt for about a tenner from www.bluespot.co.uk.
hmalan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a wired in FM modulator for DVD player and Ipaq 1940 to play them through car stereo system.

Because my car is an espace with radio built into dashboard, and no manual available I could not find the input point for the arial cable, which is the correct method, and so had to split the cables and splice in.

Originaly had a lot of noise interference on both DVD and Ipaq, but then I purchased a supressor from Halfords £3.99

Since this has been fitted the DVD system has worked great but I now use a TT Go and so I cannot be certain that it would have cured the problem with the Ipaq but I think it would have down, same problem as with DVD.

Regards

Alan
morph
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already tried bluespot, got a cable (blaupunkt) but it didnt fit the factory fit (blaupunkt) single cd player in rover cars.
rikaline bluetooth gps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: