Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Expansys - I received a Malaysian specification iPAQ hx4700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Expansys - I received a Malaysian specification iPAQ hx4700
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woooops meant to be HP instead of PDA :-(
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well eBuyer did the refund onto the CC good and not to slow really (took them 3 days after recieving the item).

Looks like it will be a HP 2110 for me then from total PDA, just need to get their price down as you can get one cheaper direct from HP UK!
Pepperami
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Global Positioning did the decent thing.......... Reply with quote

I had no idea getting the iPaq 2750 would cause so many problems!

I ordered one from E ATAY COM (www.eatay.com) on Thursday 17th Feb, and it duly arrived the following morning.

I was extremely careful to tell them, after reading all the posts on here, that I wanted a UK one, not a UK Specs one, one that ended with the ABU letters!

When I opened the parcel, I was met with #ARE and the MAL wording on the top of the label
:x :x :x :x

I rang them, and told them of my troubles, and asked if I could return it, to which I was GRILLED (the only way to explain it) as to why I wanted to return it, and they explained they had the best prices because they sourced items from all over the world, what did i expect? WHAT I ASKED FOR THATS WHAT I EXPECT!

Try as I might, they would not accept that this was NOT a UK model, even if it was from Malaya, it was still the same specs as the UK one, so they didnt see a problem

I returned the item Special Delivery Friday (£7.00) and even told them in the letter why I was returning it and hoped they would return the money to my card that day (Sat)

I then decided to order one from Global Positioning, was told that they WERE sending UK units, so I ordered one from there, and it was due to arrived this morning.......

So, this morning I telephone A ATAY COM and ask them why my card has not been refunded, and they tell me....

"Because you have changed your mind, and returned the item, you will incur a 25% handling fee" which equates to approx £75.00 8O

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F**KIN JOKING!

"I havent changed my mind!" I told them.... "Im returning it because it is NOT what I asked for!!!"

And what did you ask for sir? Did you not ask for an iPaq 2750?

"Yes I did but......."

and is that not what you got?

"Yes it is but.............."

So that is why were charging you a 25% handling fee

Again, I tried to explain about Grey imports, and they demanded to know WHO I spoke to when I placed the order (To be honest, they are all asian or alike ((AND NO IM NOT RACIST)) but I couldnt understand most of what the guy said when he took my order, let alone remember his name!) and said it was such a serious thing that I demanded a UK one, yet i cannot remember WHO I spoke to

Miffed is an understatement!

They agreed to refund my money, but they would not do so until I agreed that I would still incur a 10% handling fee, that is apparently a percentage they charge their staff who return items Confused Staff returing items and getting charged? Confused

How happy I was to see my iPaq from Global Positioning arrive this morning!! I nearly ripped the CITYLINK guys hand off!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Yup............. it arrived......... a #ARE model!!!

FFS!!!

So I rang the presales team, and asked them "Are your models UK models" to which the reply came YES SIR THEY MOST DEFINITELY ARE

"So why have you sent me a Malayan model then?"

Apparently, Global DO have UK ones, but the sales team are told to say that the Malayasian ones are also UK spec, because they are, and hence why I was told what I was told, and got what they sent.

I once again described WHAT I asked for, this company though did see it my way, and were ready to accept that even though I had asked for a UK model, that the model I recieved was sent because thats what they are told to do...

They have emailed me to give me a returns slip, and this will be going back tomorrow, I have no idea whether I will get my postage money back ( I didnt from ATAY ) but at least I will get a full refund on the item itself.

I HAVE NOW MANAGED (I HOPE BECAUSE IF IT ARRIVES TOMORROW #ARE THE PREVERBIAL WILL HIT THE FAN!) a UK SPEC ONE!!

I got it from Superetrader (As advertised here) and I fully explained EVERYTHING to them on the phone, and made sure there is no questions whatsover that I will get ANYTHING BARR a UK ONE!

I would also like to point out, for the record, that I telephoned HP this morning, as I was a little concerned about warranties anyways

HPs position is this

1) ANY IPAQ brought in this country is guaranteed for a period of at least 12 months

2) A UK MODEL #ABU is guaranteed for TWO YEARS NOT ONE YEAR according to them, so you LOSE a year on the guarantee for ANYTHING that is not 100% UK

3) after 12 months, your item is returned to its place of origin for repair, so Malaysia for most, and any additional fees YOU are liable for NOT HP so you will not incur any costs for returning it to HP UK but if it then needs to be returned to Malaysia you MIGHT incur fees

Is it really worth saving the extra £20 on an iPaq for all the problems it might involve?

I for one dont think so!

Thank You to Global for admitting the fault, and for agreeing my refund, I will not be boycotting your sales!!

E ATAY COM - Hmmmmmmmmm

Siperetrader - this better be a #ABU model or your arse is mine Twisted Evil
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no lawyer - but I suggest if you're charged a restocking fee and the sale was Business to Consumer, that you investigate the EU Distance Selling Directive.

I believe this makes restocking fees for unopened goods illegal when sold "at a distance" - such as over the Internet or by mail order - to an EU consumer by an EU business.

David
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Positioning did the decent thing.......... Reply with quote

Pepperami wrote:

So, this morning I telephone A ATAY COM and ask them why my card has not been refunded, and they tell me....

"Because you have changed your mind, and returned the item, you will incur a 25% handling fee" which equates to approx £75.00 8O

This is utter nonsense, what they are doing is illegal.

Send them an email saying that

1. You are rejecting the item under the "Sale of Goods Act" because the goods are not "As Described" (ie, not an official UK model iPaq)

2. You are exercising your right to return the goods in as new condition under the "Distance Selling Regulations".

3. That they must refund your credit card, in full, within 7 days or you will "dispute the transaction" with your card issuer.

You must have returned the goods in as new condition to return them under the distance selling regulations.
You must have paid by Credit Card (not switch/solo/delta) to dispute the transaction with your card issuer.

Don't get involved in an argument with the company or accept a compromise deal. Tell them to refund your money or you will dispute the transaction.

If they fail to refund your card, then contact your card issuer and tell them that you returned the goods within the time limit specified by the Distance Selling Regulations and the merchant refused to refund the full amount.

The card issuer must, by law, resolve the dispute (ie, refund your money). This may take 6 weeks, but in the mean time they will credit the disputed amount to your account.

Let us know how you get on.
Pepperami
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do just that!

I have checked with them to ensure the money has been returned, it can take up to 4 working days apparently for the refund to show

I was not able to contact the bank today, but im sure Global will have refunded it, they really are a decent company

As promised by Superetrader, my UK IPAQ arrived today!

I can recommend these people as well, you get what you ask for, thank u!

Now..... where is that TomTom3 disk Wink
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may wish to inform your credit card customer service people too

Nothing smarts more to a retailer than an extra 2% surcharge
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB wrote:
You may wish to inform your credit card customer service people too

Nothing smarts more to a retailer than an extra 2% surcharge

Is this what they get if too many people request chargebacks? I know it does get their attention PDQ when you threaten to get your bank involved.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: