Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin's MapSonic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin's MapSonic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdauser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: ViaMichelin's MapSonic Reply with quote

has anyone got this software or tried it? I ve seen it on offer with a bluetooth all in one package and was wondering how it compares to the others when it comes to add ons and up to date maps
ias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been lloking at this it looks very good, and I always use the
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/mapHomePage
for looking up anything or anyone.

However, you maybe interested to see that on http://www.shop.viamichelin.co.uk/shopexd.asp?catalogid=316
details the new version of mapsonic, with many references to POI, yet on the POI page http://212.180.45.145/csasp_editorial.asp?id=114
it says there are not compatable with mapsonic 1.3.

So (as a newbe) I am a little confused.
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ias, I too agree that the viamichelin site it confusing and the compatibility statement does not make any sense. However I believe it is a typo on their part. The latest "Mapsonic v1.3" that they mention is in fact "Mapsonic v2.5" once you install it. Even the free demo version with the maps around the Thames reports itself as v2.5 when you open the about dialog on the Palm. So whilst not betting my house on it it I would say it is in fact compatible with the POI stuff. This is further reinforced by the fact that installing the DEMO also installs a WinAPP called "MapSonic POI Manager" which allows you to select a downloaded POI file for installation to the PDA on next hotsync. I think what they are trying to say is that the POIs are not compatible with the old v1.3 stuff.
Hope this helps.
Now my problem is choosing between Mapsonic and Navman 4470 as a software package for my Palm T3....
pdauser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for both your replies, in the end I've decided to go for the mda compact which has bluetooth, all i need to do now is find a compatible sat nav!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: