Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - http://www.global positioning systems.co.uk/
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

http://www.global positioning systems.co.uk/
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonBoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: http://www.global positioning systems.co.uk/ Reply with quote

I phoned globalpositioning ten minutes before their cut off point (4pm) for next day deliveries and ordered spare parts.

The parts arrived at 6.50 am the next morning.

Good shop, good prices & good service.

Dave B
dunno
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same with me i ordered a double 12v car adaptor on the sunday before xmas it arrived 2 days later well done , i will certainly carry on with them
roxteddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post, although i've been lurking for a few weeks...

Today - my Birthday... I received TT Nav3 Bluetooth which i ordered late on Friday night (7th Jan) for 'normal delivery'.

I have to say the service i have received is SECOND TO NONE... within an hour I had both SMS text and emails confirming my order and then On Saturday morning further SMS and emails confirming dispatch with next post. It arrived first thing this morning and i'm now in process of installing it..

I am a very happy bunny so far... :D :D

Thanks GlobalPositioning Systems for the top-class service :D
g1nzo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a Shame they cant be bothered to anser Email Enquiries
sent 3 Emails asking about the Seidio mount for my Ipaq 5550
this is part of the 1 reply i received

The cradle would need to be purchased in addition if you were to purchase the BT solution, costing approx and would allow you to charge the PDA in the car however they do not do this on Vent Mount, I suppose if you want vent Mount option it will be cheaper but not charge your PDA.

It does not even answer my Question as well as not saying the price of whatever they are talking about

Also a lesson in Grammar might help
Dog_Boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered NM4 with BT and TMC from them on Sunday night.

Asked for next business day and was expecting it before 18:30 Tuesday.

Had a call to go to so went out at 13:00. That evening I check my delivery status with the information I got in an email from globalpositioning and it had been delivered at 13:36.

Good service good prices with delivery spot on time. Was very happy that when they said it was in stock on the website it actually was in stock.

Infact I'm looking at their site at the moment as I'm after an external antenna. PDA Hut were very good also.

DB
taffy056
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Ordered a couple of cables for my Seidio mount on the 26/01/05 and arrived on the 29th at 9am, I had the 2 - 4 day delivery option and the package arrived spot on.

Very happy with the service, I recommend them and would use again if the need arises.

taffy
bollocksman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Superb Service by www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk Reply with quote

Ordered Emtac CruxII/BTGPS receiver at 4.28pm online, order confirmed within 10 minutes and tracking info sent to my mobile within the hour.

Goods arrived (Scotland) by Initial Citylink the next day. Superb service that would take some beating!!!

I have used this company on a number of occasions now, no complaints, always on the ball.
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phone and email support needs some looking into.

I've been trying to get in touch with GPS for 3 days now. On Monday I sent an email which hasn't been answered. I could not get through at all by phone, continually engaged.

On Tuesday I sent another email which hasn't been answered either. The phone system at least connected to the automated menu system with either cut you off as soon as it transferred you, or put you on hold for several minutes before cutting you off.

Today, the situation is just the same. No response to email, and the phone system might as well not be there. All I can get is some local radio station on the phone, and then eventually get cut off because they are too busy. If they answered some of the calls, maybe the phone queuing system wouldn't be so busy.

How are you supposed to get in touch with them to get an RMA for a faulty item? (Oh yes, the fax number is engaged as well).
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigelw

We did have some problems with our phone system on Monday and were unable to take calls; as a consequence we have had a high influx of calls and emails to deal with.

However, things are now starting to even out again and I believe you have spoken to a technical advisor who I'm sure will be doing everything he can to assist you in resolving your query and hopefully restore your faith in us.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager
Coffeeholic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here Nigelw. I have been trying to get in touch with them for a few days as well re a problem with my Navman iCN650 I purchased from them recently. Email is ignored. Phone is a waste of time. If you do get put through to Option 3 you get cut off after a period but mostly you just get told they are too busy to deal with you. Funnily enough you don't get told they are too busy if you choose Option 1, the sales line. So happy to sell but not happy to deal with existing customers.

I own a transport company and after evaluating the iCN 650 I was looking to purchase some more units, guess who isn't getting the order for more units now.

They should change the customerservices@globalpositioningsystems.co.uk address to nocustomerserviceswhatsoever@globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine wrote:
Nigelw

We did have some problems with our phone system on Monday and were unable to take calls; as a consequence we have had a high influx of calls and emails to deal with.

However, things are now starting to even out again and I believe you have spoken to a technical advisor who I'm sure will be doing everything he can to assist you in resolving your query and hopefully restore your faith in us.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manager

Yes, I have now managed to sucessfully navigate the phone system.

But I do think it's either broken or badly setup. That I can be waiting for several minutes in a queue, to then be told that you are too busy to take my call is very annoying. Surely once you've put a call into a queue it should be answered. An engaged line is better than waiting in a queue only to be cut off after some random interval.

It seems that after queuing you are about to get connected to someone as you hear a ring tone, but after one ring the answer "sorry we are too busy to answer your call" is given and the phone is hungup. So you call again, get put into a queue, and wonder how long it will be before you get cut off this time.
Golf_Juliet_Tango
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Golf_Juliet_Tango Reply with quote

re: GPS Systems:
I bought from this company because they responed well to my sales enquiries (comparisons enquiry).
However on having problems loading the software they have failed to respond to my e-mail of four days ago. I will have to call in office hours, which is not always easy - even for a freelancer!
smoggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought various pieces of kit from the guys at GPS over the years and have always had great service. The guys on the other end of the phone certainly know their stuff, both is sales and technical.

Call centres can be frustrating, I'm an O2 customer I should know :x But the bottom line is that these guys always resolve your issue, or have done with mine at least, even when it's been my own stupidity causing the problems in the first place Confused
sywy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have unanswered mail from over a week ago now.
Also, I've been trying to get through to them on the phone today, but have not had any success yet. Crying or Very sad
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SYWY

What's the ticket number from your email and I'll get this moving for you?

Can you email it to me at catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk

Thank you

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manger
Spotlight Guides Ltd

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: