Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT receiver not working and bad support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT receiver not working and bad support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: BT receiver not working and bad support Reply with quote

The blue light does not come on when I power on the GPS receiver. It appears that the receiver does lock on to a signal (green light begins to flash after a while) but the blue light never comes on. It used to blink before connection to palm was established and then stayed on once connection was established.

I have posted a question to TomTom support with absolutely response for 1 week.

Does anyone know if there is a sort of hard reset for the receiver?
Is there a number where I can contact TomTom support since they are not responding to email?

Thank you for any pointers.

sai
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep nagging the TomTom support line, and ask for a replacement.

In the meantime, let the receiver run out of power, and then let it sit for a while. This will force it to do a factory reset.

Have you actually tried to establish a BT connection? Maybe only the LED died? (I know, this is very unlikely)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Sai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Yes I did let the battery drain Reply with quote

Lutz,

I did test if it was just the LED and found that it was not the LED.

I also did let the battery die and then recharged.

I will continue to bug support.

Thanks,

sai
Burgundybus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had exactly the same problem with my receiver. It has been playing up for a few weeks after a year of working well.

I mailed TomTom support yesterday evening, more in hope than expectation, and got a reply this morning. Their advice was as given in this thread. It has not worked so far, and has not triggered a full re-set. I know it isn't the LED that has failed, because it flashes once, very briefly, when the on/off button is pressed. However, despite a solid green light, I can't get a bluetooth signal at all.

TomTom quote the following URL for replacement items:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=56&Language=1

Price is 159 Euros. That's a lot if the unit is only going to last another 12 months. Can anyone advise on real-world experiences of trying to use bluetooth receivers from other manufacturers with TomTom Navigator 3? Can it work, is it easy?

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but there's 58 other pages on this forum alone to look through unless I ask!

Thanks.

Tom (no relation)
JoeBirt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: TOM BT GPS Reply with quote

Seems like acommon fault. Minedied this week after 8 Months use. Wont re-charge at all - HOW DO YOU RESET?

Contacted TOM TOM for a repalcement and They want proof of purchase before repair will be carried out

Mine was a gift from a relative who has lost the reciept

Up a creak without a paddle

ANY IDEAS

Thinking of geting a Clip on - reviews seem good

TOMTOM BT GPS BAD
Burgundybus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say that I've revised my opinion of TomTom support.

I e-mailed a question to them about the problem one Sunday evening and had a reply when I logged on at 10 next morning. They suggested completely discharging the GPS by letting the battery run down completely, then recharge. This, they said, should "re-set" the Bluetooth unit. Well, it didn't. Neither did it re-set on any of the other dozen times I tried it.

A further e-mail was also replied almost immediely, which referred me to the URL in my earlier posting. I've ordered a replacement unit, and already had confirmation that it has been shipped.

A friend of mine "fried" his new TomTom GPS in the car recently, by plugging it in to the wrong charger. Fortunately he had the receipt still. You would think that product registration would suffice, however, without the need for little pieces of paper.

Tom
JoeBirt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom BT GPS Reply with quote

Called TOM Tom support today on the 0845 number on this Site

They said that they would get back to me abouit no reciept - my situation should cause no problems

Heres waiting Rolling Eyes
Burgundybus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signs of a charm offensive by their support team perhaps? My replacement GPS unit, ordered Sunday evening by web arrived on Wednesday morning by UPS deliver.

Tom
JoeBirt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: TOmTOM Support Reply with quote

THEY GOT BACK TO ME

No Problems Cleared for Repair

Yahoo
crash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've found tomtom support to be very good. whenever i've had a problem they responded within a day. i haven't had much problems with receipts because i've made all my purchases directly through them though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: