Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed cams for mio168/copilot live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed cams for mio168/copilot live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lulu33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: speed cams for mio168/copilot live Reply with quote

has any one tried to get speed cams on copilot live.have gone through the instructions but can not seem to get anywhere.Need an idiots step by step guide.Would appreciate some help. thanks
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any problems loading the xls files for the speed cams to cp5. you must follow the exact instruction given in the notes. It is long winded I know to have to download the whole program to your ppc again, one of the other reasons I dumped CP5 for Navigon. You have to download the speed cams to to main PC first and install them to either custom or the safety cams POI you won't get any camera icons if you install to custom POI's only pushpins are shown.

tt go 730T
lulu33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Col for reply.I have now changed to tom tom go and find it great so far. updates are really easy.Richard :D
roger7248
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late probably, but make sure you download the .csv file of Excel rather than the .xls version. Both are on the zip file.

roger
Sush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need to load each of the xls files separately for gatso, redlight specs etc?

Sush
nessy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sush wrote:
Do I need to load each of the xls files separately for gatso, redlight specs etc?

Sush

Good question,also which files should be used as there is contradicting information available. (xls or csv).If separately,presumably one file goes to one custom mumber?
I've tried several time to make this work with the latest database but had no success.
Can't get the original data from the c.d to run either.....
Sush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not back-up your storage card with the original POIs? If so you should be able to copy it back to the card restoring original POIs. (That is what I feel, haven't tried it yet)

No one seems to give me an answer regarding the different files and how & where to load them (custom 1, 2, 3 etc or not)

Sush
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sush,

I extract the five XLS files from the pocketgps_uk_sc.zip update file and discard the others. I then edit these in Excel and delete all the latitudes above 52 degrees becase I never go "up North".

Then open up the PC version of CoPilot, Tools/Manage Custom Places and from the list delete everything. Then close this window.

Then from Tools drop down menu, select Import Custom Places and check the "Import from existing file including Excel". Then Edit Type Name and creat a Custom Type for each of the five XLS files - GATSO, REDLIGHT, MOBILE, SPECS, TEMP.

Then for each type, browse and enter the file name of the relevant Excel file, ie. "pocketgps_uk_gatso.xls". Click next at the bottom and then designate column heading, making sure that there are then three columns.

Repeat this for the other four excel files. One each import, you can check if they have gone in OK as the program lists each addition.

Once you've got all the types loaded, you can then use the Data Download Wizard to download to the PPC (preferably updating the card via a card reader).

Of course you could combine all 5 excel files and just call them all, say, GATSO or whatever you like, and import them using just one type. I keep them separate just for neatness.

Whilst editing them in Excel, you can edit the description column which I do because CoPilot dutifully reads out "Gasto colon 40". I globally replace all the colons and @ signs with either a space or the word "at"

This may all sound fiddly, but once you've got the logistics of what you're doing sorted out, it's not really too difficult.
Sush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gripp

I will try the advice suggested. Wonder why the instructions on the website aren't as clear as yours! Question

Sush
Shifty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the download available for the speed cameras? On this website or on a disk?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: