Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BR-305 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BR-305 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: BR-305 problems Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Please be gentle - gps newbie and first post Smile

Just picked up a BR305 from my local Maplin (currently on for the bargain price of £89.99), and having problems getting it to talk to my 3870 IPAQ.

Connect everything up, and the GPS gets a signal (flashing LED). Software reports it's using COM6, and so i set up GPSinfo to check out Com6. Doesnt report anything. So i close this and open a program called "gps" and if i go onto the gps tag i get two selector boxes at the top - one for the protocol (NMEA0183V2 XXX - where XXX is a baud rate / SIRF XXX, or manufacturer and model info - Cant see the driver i installed listed at all for the 305!!), and the other for the Com port (manually selected COM6, as that was what the prog was telling me was allocated). However, status is showing blank, with no flashing line between the pic of the sat dish, and the little pic of the ppc.

So to me it looks like it's not talking. What should the speed be between the gps unit and the program? havent had much success guessing at random Sad

Umm.. Help please??!?!?!??!

Thanks

Paul
xav_38
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Connection problems with BR305 Reply with quote

Hello,

I got the same problem as Paul.
I installed my BR305 with my Ipaq3835, everything seemed fine but using both GPSInfo and TomTom, I get no fix. I can wait for long long minutes without getting anything, I even drove a few km away but still nothing.

Any tips about this ?

thanks,
Xav
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xav,

It was a long time ago since i had the problem. I cant remember exactly what the problem was, but something that sticks in my mind was the fact that it was something to do with the Serial port settings. Would be worth a double check....

Also have a look and see what the GPS part of Tomtom says it's doing...
Paul
michaeldarling
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this to be a red-herring when installing the driver for the BR-305. The ComNo utility reports Com5 on mine but is wrong.

Instead try COM1 and 4800 for the rate. When using the TomTom GPS utility select COM1 and the protocol: NMEA0183V2 4800.

Quote:
Software reports it's using COM6, and so i set up GPSinfo to check out Com6. Doesnt report anything. So i close this and open a program called "gps" and if i go onto the gps tag i get two selector boxes at the top - one for the protocol (NMEA0183V2 XXX - where XXX is a baud rate / SIRF XXX, or manufacturer and model info - Cant see the driver i installed listed at all for the 305!!), and the other for the Com port (manually selected COM6, as that was what the prog was telling me was allocated).
Enebybergsbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also the same problem! I am just working with it. The BR-305 works perfectly with the serie cable to my PC independet of which GPS software I use, but when I try to connect it to my Ipaq1940 do I not get any signal at all. I have tried all possible serie ports with no success.

It must obviously be either a communication or cable problem.
Mehanik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPAQ 1940 can't work with BR-305, because this iPAQ 19xx serie have not COM port in connector.
Use iPAQ 19xx and BR-305 with AH-103 holder.
Enebybergsbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Mehanik. You solved my problem!
I had just tried the return my BR-305 to my dealer and they insisted that the BR-305 works with the Ipaq 19xx-series. I checked my Ipaq-manual and found that you are right.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: