Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 3.07 and ipaq 4700 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

3.07 and ipaq 4700 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: 3.07 and ipaq 4700 problems Reply with quote

Hello
for a special application, i need to assign zoom in-outt functions to 2 of the 4 hardware buttons. but i cant get results. the zoom seems to be working only with predefined trackpad functions. i laso de-assigned zoom function to the trackpad but..no result. Anyone can do-know how to do that?

thanks!

massimo
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying the zooming works fine with the trackpad but not with other hardware buttons?

I was wondering if the problem was the automatic zooming over-riding what you were trying to do manually. If so, that can be turned off in File -> Properties, Advanced tab.

Another potential problem is that the hx4700 has built in software to turn long presses into 'other' buttons - for example, a long push on button 1 is actually button 6. Is this your problem?

David
maggio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, thanks for reply.
Yes, the zoom function work with onscreen +- and with trackpad, not with assigned hw button. I never understand what auto zoom 2d, 3d was; btw i deselcted it but still the same result.

How can i learn more on "other" buttons? 1 to 6 etc? any of hardware button may have "other function assigned?

massimo
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The auto zoom is Navigator changing the zoom factor of the map according to what it feels your needs are. It works very well, especially in 3D view - as you slow down for a roundabout, the map zooms in.

The button pressing stuff - on the hx4700, a long press on button 1 is button 6, a long press on button 2 is button 7, a long press on button 3 is button 8, and a long press on button 4 is button 9. Most software, including TomTom Navigator 3, doesn't understand buttons 6 to 9, which means that long button presses can't be interpreted by application software.

Does a short push on a hardware button zoom one step?

I'm still not sure whether this is an hx4700 specific feature, a WM2003SE iPAQ specific feature or a built in WM2003SE feature.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: