Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth slipper questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth slipper questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth slipper questions Reply with quote

I've got a 303E used in CF mode and very pleased. I'm considering buying the slipper. Now having read the review I have concerns re compatability as some cards won't work. I e-mailed Haicom with my serial number and asked the question and the answer was all 303e's should work, so do I risk the purchase!!!

Also any ideas of battery life with it? Interested as I understand to switch it on and off you need to remove the card and I'm in and out of the car a lot.

Thanks

Rod
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave the slipper plugged in permanently via a power socket in the rear of my car (and have an external antenna on the roof so the gps unit is hidden away).

As mine is powered all the time I don't leave the battery in, but when I do use it on battery power the life is approx 7 -8 hours (lasts most of the day) - one slight annoyance is that when the battery is virtually expired it will maintain a bt link but not power the cf card - so you can have a bt connection but no gps signal.

If you pull the cf card out of the slipper the unit powers down - you only have to give it a slight pull (and move it 3- 5mm) - this is really like a power switch so you wouldn't miss the lack of a dedicated power button.

I got my card and slipper in February 2004 so if your cf card is newer than this you definately won't have any problems - possibly all the 303 e cards are compatible, there are also 303s cards which I think came out before the 303e.

hope this helps - its an excellent addition to the cf card.

Ian
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I reckon the only way to find out is bite the bullet!!

Rod
kiwiruss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: ext antenna works well Reply with quote

I am almost ready to get the slipper also.

I have the 303s with the external antenna. the antenna works great and is on my dash so I dont have to mess with getting the gps in the right spot when moving between cars.

hope you have success with the bt slipper.
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've got the slipper, its worth it, but a few probs getting it all running smoothly. Nearly there now. Its the probs people were having early on with lock ups etc with BT and TT3. However, I'm being sorted out by peopel in the forums (well by Lutz mainly!!).

I was like you, external antenna on the dash when in CF mode. Much easier with the Slipper. May actually leave the antenna on dash and connect it to the slipper in a 'hidey place'. That way don't have to keep taking it on and off the dash, but we'll see.

Rod

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: