Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - advice on ebay sale/ advertised on here
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

advice on ebay sale/ advertised on here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RajUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: advice on ebay sale/ advertised on here Reply with quote

Hiya Can i have you advice i just bought an XDAII of ebay that o assumed had tomtom uk

tomtom USA and tomtom europe maps.

It was advertised on here in used forum and listed on ebay.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13889

and ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6346255938&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

In the auction it says detailed maps of europe,

but all i got was TOMTOM UK with Major roads of europe and tomtom america.

The way i have read the advert i should have got the western europe maps package but Victoria the seller is saying no the auction was just for MRE.

What would you people say? is the ad misleading? or am i making a mountain out of a molehill?

if you agree with me could i get money back via paypal protection?

I Have tried contacting Victoria, who i note has posted on here many times but communication has broken down

what would your advice be?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the moderators, Pocket GPS Team members and PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd do not and have not offered any warranty or guarantee for anything bought and sold wholly or partly as a result of a forum post.

The Pocket GPS World discussion forums are provided free of charge to users. It may be that the forums are used for a potential vendor and purchaser to get in touch and to discuss things. People are free to post links to online auctions or sales. However, unlike eBay, Pocket GPS World provides no facilities to enter through its web site into any contract, and it does not provide any facilities related to bying and selling such as insurance, any guarantees, complaints processes, escrow facilities or the ability to verify people's details.

This particular transaction was carried out via eBay, and it is to eBay that I suggest you turn in the first instance if you have a complaint you cannot otherwise resolve. You may also be able to enlist the help of any organisations involved in payment and/or escrow that were used. However, I cannot give any specific advice as to what you should or shouldn't do in this situation and I cannot arbitrate.

The moderators, for hopefully obvious reasons, have a policy of not passing judgment in any situation where we have one forum members' word against another.

My personal view is that the text of the auction says that three TomTom software packages are included. The auction reads:
Quote:
TOMTOM 3 SOFTWARE, ALL ORIGINAL AND BOXED

TomTom 3 UK, Europe, USA

TomTom3 UK, has maps of the UK and Ireland and Major Routes of Europe

TomTom 3 Europe has fully Detailed Maps of Western Europe

TomTom 3 USA has fully detailed maps of the entire USA and Canada, Plus Major Routes of USA

which I take as the bundle including Navigator 3 UK, the Navigator 3 Maps of Western Europe add-on package, and the Navigator 3 USA/Canada maps add-on package. You need a country specific version of Navigator 3 to use either or both of the add-on packages.

If you have all three packages, you should have three separate activation codes amongst what you've received.

What I see in the photographs is a DVD case consistent with a Navigator 3 UK software only pack (it looks as if it might be marked 'Upgrade', so there's something of an argument that you should also have received the old Navigator 2 software - though the TomTom licence agreement doesn't, in my opinion, state explicitly that the upgraded and original products have to remain together unlike, for example, the licence agreement with Microsoft Office if you purchase an upgrade edition of Office).

If I have correctly identified this package, it should include at least one CD-ROM and an activation code. That activation code allows you to install and use the software on the CD-ROM - which comprises TomTom Navigator 3 software, Great Britain maps and the Major Roads of Europe map.

I also see one further TomTom software pack consistent with one map add-on pack. I don't see a third TomTom package in the pictures.

I'm not familiar with the physical appearance of either of the map add-on packages, but I believe Maps of Western Europe add-on package is green, so the one pictured may well be the USA / Canada map add-on package.

If you can't sort this out directly with Vicky, then, as I said, you must consider your options bearing in mind the sale itself was conducted through eBay. I do hope that both of you are able to sort this out in a mutually agreeable way.

David

Disclaimer: I am not authorised to make official statements on behalf of PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd and nothing herein should be construed as such a statement. Any opinions expressed in this post represent my personal understanding, and this post is not written on behalf of anyone else, including the other Pocket GPS World moderators or the Team. This information is offered without guarantee of any sort, may contain errors and you follow any advice contained in it at your own risk.
RajUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave

It just thats it 2am been a stressful night am i am thinking whether i am intrepreting advert wrong.

No hope of agreemnet with Vicky as she has left negative feedback.

I jsut noticed that there isnt even a activation code for the American maps, i ahve all teh Cds but acannot use them.

I need to be more careful in future, and see what happens withpaypal proetection
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally this is the main reason why I avoid ebay like the plague. It's fine looking at the listings and wanting something, but especially when you buy software that requires activation you are taking your life into your own hands.

I hope ebay or vicky can sort something out for you, but TomTom do have a discalimer on their support website about purchasing used software. You may not think it's been used or activated, but chances are as there's no activation code for the US maps, then I suspect it's already been activated and used.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: