Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Co-Pilot Live Laptop. New Version Due Out!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Co-Pilot Live Laptop. New Version Due Out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CM4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Co-Pilot Live Laptop. New Version Due Out! Reply with quote

Hi,

I have heard that the next version of Co-Pilot Live Laptop, with 3D maps is due out by the end of the year.

Anybody head anything? I read this on the www.mp3car.com forums.

Thanks
ohm62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Never believe rumors... Reply with quote

... except maybe that one ;-)

I pre-ordered Copilot Laptop V8 for the USA...

Availability is planned for Nov. 15, according to the web site.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a new version is coming out, USA will in theory be released prior to the European version, but I'm not sure if that release date is accurate.
ohm62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an exract of the email I received around end october, inviting me to pre-order the upgrade...

--------------------------------------------
CoPilot Live | Laptop 8 is coming soon! With updated map data, 3D maps and our new WAAS-enabled GPS receivers, Version 8 is an essential step in the evolution of GPS navigation. As a dedicated CoPilot Live customer we're extending an exclusive offer to pre-order Version 8 at a reduced price.
Yes, send me Version 8!
Ship date is 11/15/04
30-day money back guarantee
ohm62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Received Copilot Live v8.0 for Laptop today! Reply with quote

I just received my pre-ordered distribution of Copilot Live v8.0 for Laptop today. I am impressed by the timeliness of ALK's delivery. They announced the product would ship on November 15. The distribution actually **arrived** that day.

It looks like a few things have really changed at ALK indeed, and for the best, with respect to their aiming at improving customer satisfaction.

Hopefully timeliness of delivery won't be the only positive aspect! I do not have my personal laptop with me today at work, so I am going to have to wait until tonight to install and proceed with preliminary tests...

-- OHM.
ohm62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: CPL v8.0 - Install Reply with quote

... on Windows XP Home edition, Service Pack 2

Extraordinary: no problem whatsoever... Excellent install script. Well self-documented. My older Copilot GPS USB receiver was recognized immediately.

Played around with map browsing, details & POI display and basic address entry and routing. Address entry mode is way improved compared to my old CP 2001 copy. CPL v8.0 is much faster than I expected and its look & feel is quite alright. I like the way one can now add street names to the map selectively. Some regrets about not-so-easy switching between the box-selection tool and the map-moving hand, in planning mode. That is a minor inconvenience, though. Much better overall experience than I had with CP 2001!

This is all good, so far... Keeping fingers crossed for first real-world navigation tomorrow.

-- OHM
CM4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a Review?

Is PocketGPS World going to review the product? Smile
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A review is scheduled just prior to the EU release (it's currently only available in US).
enak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea on a release date for Laptop 8?
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
A review is scheduled just prior to the EU release (it's currently only available in US).
Dave - I know its an Old thred this but do you have any new information as to when 8 will be put and what it can do ?

I'm intrested because I have just written a GPS software review for another site and if its worth adding to it I will.

Cheers

Terran

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: