Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom car kit.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom car kit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spvc500man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: tomtom car kit. Reply with quote

Anyone else find the H2210 hard to remove from the supplied tomtom car kit. Mine is nearly impossible to remove without removing the holder from the screen mount.
gilbem1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Also applies to Palm T3 Reply with quote

I thought I must be doing something wrong as I also can't get my Palm T3 out of the supplied Tom Tom car kit without releasing the suction mount and grappling with the PDA...or am I doing something wrong and there is an easy way to release the PDA after all ?
yealmgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is ridiculously tight to slide off and I suspect that soon it will be eating the finish of the PDA. Maybe some silicon spray inside the holder will help but I have not tried this yet.
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a very secure fit. what i do is support the base with my right hand, then with my left hand, palm facing me, grab the ppc with the thumbkin and pointer, and use tallman to push it off from the back. :D
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom car kit. Reply with quote

spvc500man wrote:
Anyone else find the H2210 hard to remove from the supplied tomtom car kit. Mine is nearly impossible to remove without removing the holder from the screen mount.

Has any one complained to tt about this Question I did and had the cradle replaced but this was even tighter Sad tt's advice was not to push it in so far .(clever stuff this gps signal jumping a 15mm gap) Laughing .I always thought the tightness was due to the side grips but this was not in my case.I found this out by removing them and trying the 2210 back in and it was still tight! I then decided to take drastic action as the friction between cradle and ppc had made an awfull mess of the battery door and the back of my ipaq .I parred the sides of the cradle (where they wrap around and contact the front of the PPC) with a scalpel and finnished off with wet and dry paper and it's done the trick Exclamation For those without the nerve or tools to do this try using a sharpened wooden clothes peg under the PPC as an ejector ..It does work and saves bashing your head on the mirror as you contort to get a good grip Laughing :D
best of luck
dave
gilbem1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Crazy tatics to eject a PDA! Reply with quote

I know the PDA has to be secure but isn't it crazy that we are having to resort to clothes pegs etc when you've shelled out over £250 for an item. Can you imagine having to 'clothes peg' a mini-DV out of a camcorder or a DVD disk out of a DVD player..you just wouldn't accept it would you?

I have now removed the black foam pad that is stuck on the cradle and replaced it with a thinner version which helps but still requires a mini-crow bar to lever the PDA out !

If it wasn't for the fact that a 'bundle' was the only way I could get the Palm software, I would definately have gone for a Brodit....that and the fact that after 3-days, the GPS receiver still will not work...I just knew before I bought it that it wouldn't after reading all the posts in these forums !! :x
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Presumably, if you're using the Tom Tom car kit, you are also using Tom Tom software. Given the "quality" of the software, why would you be surprised to find the car kit poorly designed & badly executed?

Quote from Tom Tom:

"Thank you for your E-mail to TomTom Customer Support. All our carkits are manufactured to be very tight. We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction. With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

This is obviously just an extension of the Tom Tom official policy of "we could do it properly but we can't be arsed".
spvc500man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that tomtom may not be the best sat nav program, but I bought it in a package, with the Hp H2210, as this PDA suits my needs perfectly. I have digital cameras using both SD and CF, and my SPV C500 uses mini SD with an adaptor. So this means all cards can be used to swap between devices, if bought seperatly it would have cost me £150 more, so can now afford to buy copilot or similar, and try that instead. Which sat nav is the best, as different people say different ones. oddsock how do you take off the rubber sides, as mine seem alittle loose, but can not see how they come off.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasp the ipaq between both hands with grip towards you ..press hard with the tip of one thumb at the bottom of the grip (this will release the bottom clip) then with pressure still applied push grip upwards .you may need the help of the other thumb further up the grip .
dave
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking about the same car kit? My 2210 slides in and out of the TT kit with no problem Confused

Mind you, I do have the PPC-Techs aluminium side grips on mine, rather than the original rubber ones.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_w wrote:
Are we talking about the same car kit? My 2210 slides in and out of the TT kit with no problem Confused

Mind you, I do have the PPC-Techs aluminium side grips on mine, rather than the original rubber ones.

The number on the back of my cradle is (3102.831 v2) maybe you could post the number on yours to see if it's the same type .The side grips were not so much of the problem (see above post) ..bye the way has any one else found this site painfully slow today??
dave
gilbem1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Slow SIte Reply with quote

Yes, for the past couple of days the page titles were displayed as usual but the page content took about 15 seconds to display on each access....seems back to normal now though !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: