Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN 3 vs CoPilot 5 ? - New purchase
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN 3 vs CoPilot 5 ? - New purchase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SRoberts_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: TTN 3 vs CoPilot 5 ? - New purchase Reply with quote

I've read the reviews for both TomTom Navigator and CoPilot Live 5 for PPC, but can't seem to make my mind up which one to go for.

Can anyone offer their opinion based on experience of these.

I have a iPaq 3630, and with CF jacket (about to purchase 512Kb CF II)

Or does anyone know of any head to head comparions/reviews of these two products ?
SRoberts_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot to mention I've just purchase a Holux GM-210 as way of my GPS
ohm62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copilot still is the best software around. Routing is fast and fairly accurate. Functionality is rich. Ergonomy is good on the road.

These are compelling reasons to go with it, if you blindly only look at the snapshot of the market today.

On the dark sides:

o ALK pricing, although regularly decreasing, still is way above and beyond any competitors', including the ones that are very active catching up in all other domains: performance, stability, functional completeness and ergonomy. This is true not only for the base package, but also, and this is actually more of a problem, for annual upgrades (that you'll definitely need . This is also true for side costs, such as damaged CD replacement, shipping. Whatever you can imagine they could scam you on, they will. Bottom line, the cost of ownership of Copilot is waaaaaay above competitive solutions; if you are serious about using a GPS guiding solution over a long period of time, you must do yourself the favour to compute these costs in...

o ALK support and product management will treat you like dirt (unless they've changed a lot since last time I had the patience and courage to deal with them.)

o Although the advantages of Copilot were tremendous in 1999, 2000, 2001... they have actually shrunk quite a bit since then, proof that the competition wants their skin; and in my humble opinion, if ALK fails dropping its arrogance shortly, to the benefit of a more sensible, customer focussed policy, and misses aligning its pricing, they'll be technically matched next year on the routing/re-routing speed & accuracy aspects and maybe also overtaken on ergonomy, and thereafter will be unable to spend as much cash on R&D as they did until now. Beyond that, their solution's technical advantages will be history.

-- OHM

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: