Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bugs list
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My position on the moving map is often right in the centre of the screen, thus limiting my map view ahead.

The map should position itself so my location is in the bottom quater of the screen with top three quaters of the screen showning the road ahead, not 50/50 as it often does now.

Selecting Options->GPS makes a loud "Bonk" sound for no apparent reason.

The Lattitude/Longitude on the GPS status screen is arbitarily limited to a couple of digits, making the lat/lon readings unusable for determing your position accurately.

There is no GPS satelite map showing where the sats are.
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
My position on the moving map is often right in the centre of the screen, thus limiting my map view ahead.

The map should position itself so my location is in the bottom quater of the screen with top three quaters of the screen showning the road ahead, not 50/50 as it often does now.

Strange that; my position is nearly always in the bottom 1/3 of the screen. When it is between 1/3 and 1/2 way up, the screen redraws with my location back at the bottom. I am driving at more than 5mph ;)

Small bug - UK localisation is not complete: enter just a street for an address and the error message says "Please enter a zipcode or a city, state."
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bug:

The gps track files that are created on the phone are all 0 bytes.
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen some zero byte files but I do get track files with data.
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same directory?
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had another look and of the 20 or so files, only one has any data in it. That can't be right?

(As an aside, how/when does one get the ability to edit posts?)
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fozzie63 wrote:
I've just had another look and of the 20 or so files, only one has any data in it. That can't be right?

Mine are in \Storage Card\my documents\gpstracks, at the moment I've got 10 files in there, one is zero bytes the others range from 293 bytes to 294KB.

fozzie63 wrote:

(As an aside, how/when does one get the ability to edit posts?)

On here? One doesn't.
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few new bugs.

1. Plotted a route from my house to a friend's, just out of interest I tried both quickest and shortest, the quickest was 27.3 miles, the shortest 27.8 miles. (TomTom managed a shortest route of 23.6 miles.)

2. Approaching a roundabout where I needed to take the first exit CoPilot told me to take the second exit, the display showed the arrow taking the second exit, crossing over itself and going back to the first exit.

3. Going home the other night the yellow 'what to do at the next junction arrow' suddenly veered off the side of the road and into the distance.
spacerace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
If you are moving at less that 5 mph then the map doesn't update.

has anyone tried "Walking" mode then ? I tried the other day after getting out of the car in a car park (open air) and it just did nothing ! I didn't have the nerve/energy to attempt running down the street at greater than 5mph - maybe this is would kick it into gear !

Surely this negates any benefit of walking mode. I thought perhaps it might update the position in 'jumps' but in an entire road length it still hadn't moved me from the car park !
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacerace wrote:
Skippy wrote:
If you are moving at less that 5 mph then the map doesn't update.

Surely this negates any benefit of walking mode.

I don't think I mentioned it but in walking mode it does update at < 5 mph, but in the driving modes it doesn't.

The strange thing is that you can move quite a distance at < 5 mph and the map position doesn't update. :x
spacerace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm I'll re-check when I'm next out then. its possible I didn't switch modes.
stpolky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a chance to have a "proper" play yesterday with Copilot on my SPV C500. A few issues raised their heads......

First, to set the scene, I'm using this setup on my motorbike so the phone is currently out of sight under the seat along with the Fortuna GPS unit. The phone is wired into my comms system so I get the voice prompts into my helmet directly.

First error appeared on the M60 Eastbound. Got on at Junction 17 but received no voice prompt to leave motorway and get onto M66 at Jct 18 (these are local roads so I know where I'm going, but it doesn't inspire much confidence should I decide to use it in unknown territory)

Just the other side of Ramsbottom on the M66, and following the route as calculated, I got an error noise. I stopped and Copilot had crashed with an Alloc error. There were no other programs running and CP had the phone to itself.

Restarted CP and enabled Live Comms (which I'd forgotten to do earlier) and carried on. CP failed to tell me to bear left onto the A56 and I carried on up the A682. It started giving directions again when I reached the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway.....

After this, it behaved itself all the way to the Ribblehead Viaduct which was the (rather sad) arbritrary destination I'd entered.

Then I tried to turn the route around to get back home. CP locked up and I had to reboot the phone. On reboot there was no Orange signal and, after starting copilot, it complained over and over and over again that it couldn't get a connection to logon to the live connection. This really peed me off, as every time I tried to select the menu options I needed to turn off the live login, this error message appeared and lobbed me right back to the main screen. This really, really needs fixing. Eventually, I was fast enough with my selections to turn off live reporting, and I got my route home.

All was well with the voice directions until I hit the M65, and then nothing. Again, it was good that I knew where I was going.....

On the way back home I got the odd prompt, then she went quiet, then finally woke up again just as I was pulling into work.

On the whole I'm less than impressed and it doesn't inspire any confidence in me for journeys into the "unknown".

Whilst I realise that this setup (motorbike) is a little unique, I'd like to be able to rely on the voice prompts. I'd also like to occasionally get a "thumbs up" from the program to let me know I'm still on the right route "Continue on current road" for example. As for the Alloc error, this just shouldn't happen with commercial software, and is probably enough to get a refund on fitness for purpose.

Oh yeah, another thing has just come to mind. Having gone to all the trouble of loading the speed camera data into my POI's custom config, CP does nothing when I approach one. That's with it set to report only my custom POIs and nothing else.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, CoPilot is known for missing announcements sometimes. :x Also, if you make a left turn which is followed by a right turn in less than 3/10ths of a mile, it doesn't tell you to turn until you are a few seconds from the next turn which is often too late.

Now try Mapopolis http://www.mapopolis.com/ Wink

I've used this in my pocket on the bike a few times, but overall I prefer to see the map.

The nice thing is that mapopolis reads out the road name to you using Text to Speech. It's pronounciation is odd sometimes but you can get the gist of what it's saying. Mapopolis also plays a (customisable) sound a few seconds after you make a correct turn so you know you went the right way. This is very reassuring when you can't see the screen.

Good luck!
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Welcome too! :D

Feel free to put your setup in your signature so people know what setup you are using.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: