Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hx 4700 and tomtom 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hx 4700 and tomtom 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruffnexx_uk2003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: hx 4700 and tomtom 3 Reply with quote

for those of you who purrchased ipaq 4700 and tried to make tt3 work to no avail,... Sad a solution is at hand! i tried everything for a few days culminating in sleepless nights and a whole heap of frustration ....it seems the problem is the gps software which seems to set the bt serial port to 5, i downloaded tomtom gps version 2.24 and loaded it then from the gps screen selected bt serial port 8 and eureka! it worked... :D and has been fine for days. make sure you tick the box for automatic pairing.
sdharris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also don't forget this patch http://www.pocketpc-club.nl./content.php?id=3441 which forces the com port to com8 instead of com5 so that TomTom 3 and other apps can use it.
lucbu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

The patch works well. Thanks for this nice solution. :P
dazednotconfused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: 4700 in landscape mode Reply with quote

This may be a little off topic as above but I've been using a 4700 with TTN3.03 and wired TT gps unit with absolutely no problems at all...I've just installed a program called SE_VGA which allows true VGA viewing. When TTN is running in 'true' VGA and landscape mode, the map and navigator views are fantastic!! Does anyone know of a car mount that allows horizontal / landscape viewing? thanks
jackfrost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the details on the patch. My dutch is trash and altavista didnt translate too well.. Can you tell me what you have to do with this file

Br Sad
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just copy the patch to your iPAQ and then run it from File Explorer by opening it. Follow this by a soft reset and voila, one extra option for Bluetooth on COM8: in GPS 3.03.

I use NMEA 0183v2 Bluetooth as the GPS selection in combination with the COM8: option.

On the first connect with TT after pairing to my Fortuna ClipON I checked the automatic connection option when it asked which Bluetooth connection to use and ever since it has been fully automatic.

Hope this helps.

John
PS I forgot to do the soft reset and thought it hadn't worked..... remembered after 10 mins and then it all worked fine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: