Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Keeping a BT Connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Keeping a BT Connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwhite6114
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Keeping a BT Connection Reply with quote

I am having trouble keeping the Bluetooth connection with my Emtac Trine. I can establish a link between my PDA (Palm Tungsten T and Palm Zire 72) and the Trine. Using Mapopolis software it can find location and create a route. When I begin driving, however, and change directions (turn north, for instance) my Palm (both of them) pops up a screen to reestablish connection with the Trine. I have to choose the appropriate BT device from the list (again) before the mapping will continue.

Now, if I continue in the same direction for an extended period, the BT connection never seems to have an issue. As soon as it is time for a new direction, though -- bloop! Pick a device.

Any ideas? Is this the Emtac, Palm, or Mapopolis?
Brandon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using both PDA's at the same time with the Trine?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jwhite6114
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope -- this happens with just one PDA at a time.

I assume others are using the Trine with a Palm OS5 device and do not have this problem?

I sent an e-mail to Emtac, but have not heard back (it's been about two weeks now).

Jason
ajdelore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you aren't using BT Toggle... I was having similar problems, but after I deleted BT Toggle they want away.

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest. My T-2 holds the connection pretty well. It never drops in the car or anywhere like that. Just sometimes on hikes and such, when I have both units in separate waterproof cases.

Regards,
Anthony

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: