Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Database Update for CoPilot Smartphone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Database Update for CoPilot Smartphone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start from basics.

In the CoPilot Live for Smartphone package you will have had a memory card and a couple of CDs, the memory card contains an installer routine, the maps and the POIs. If you put the CD into an ordinary PC it will install a desktop version of CoPilot live.

To update the POIs you need to run the PC version of CoPilot, delete the speed cameras that are in there as a custom POI and load in the new POIs. You now have a desktop version with the new POIs and a phone version with the old ones.

From the desktop version you now create - using the download wizard - a new memory card that contains the updated information to go onto the phone, as part of the process you delete the old maps and POIs from the card and replace them with the new ones so that when you restart CoPilot on the phone it will be using the new POIs instead of the ones that were on the card originally.

Is that any clearer?
davey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am trying to update the new camera data base and on following the instructions i am unable to locate the file pocketgps_uk_sc.csv
i have unzipped the database and all the usuall files are there, i have tried the search within xp and temp file etc cannot find the file any where could someone help

davey
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean you can't find them after unzipping when using Windows Explorer or you can't find them when using the import function of CoPilot Desktop? When selecting the file to import using CoPilot Desktop, don't forget to change the 'Files of Type' from '.TXT' to 'All Files (*.*)'.
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davey wrote:
i am trying to update the new camera data base and on following the instructions i am unable to locate the file pocketgps_uk_sc.csv

Why are you trying to find the .csv? The file you need to import is a .xls.
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point, make sure you select the .xls and not the .csv
However, seeing as they are in the same directory, if you're not seeing the .csv then you're not going to see the .xls either.

Let us know how you get on ;)
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realised, you won't find pocketgps_uk_sc.*, they have been split out to pocketgps_continental.xls, pocketgps_uk_gatso.xls, pocketgps_uk_redlight.xls and pocketgps_uk_specs.xls.
davey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuartm wrote:
I've just realised, you won't find pocketgps_uk_sc.*, they have been split out to pocketgps_continental.xls, pocketgps_uk_gatso.xls, pocketgps_uk_redlight.xls and pocketgps_uk_specs.xls.

i see the above files and the matching excel csv files and bitmap files, but when you follow the instructions it shows and states to select / highlight a file called pocketgps_uk_sc.csv i do not have this file. what am i doing wrong. Also when you follow the instructions at the end it explains how to transfer the new data base etc, but this appears to be for a pocket pc and not for the smartphone. could somebody explain the transfer part in more detail inc where these files are to be deleted and copied and pasted.

davey
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You basically need to follow the process four times; once using pocketgps_continental.xls, then again using pocketgps_uk_gatso.xls, then using pocketgps_uk_redlight.xls and finally with pocketgps_uk_specs.xls.

As stuartm said, the pocketgps_uk_sc.xls file does not exisit any more. It has been split in to the 4 files above. Note again, you should select the files with the extension .xls and NOT .csv ;)

When I start the transfer process, I select my "C" drive as the destination source. Once the trnasfer process is complete I have a "c:\2577" directory (which contains the quick start files) and a "c:\copilot" directory. You should copy both these directorys to the root directory (\Storage Card) of your phone.
davey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to keep asking questions but am stuck on the final part, I need to know where the files are usually downloaded to on the pc for the new custom data base you create, and just so i get it right if i go into my storage card do i delete the yellow folder copilot and the yellow folder 2577.

davey
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the questions - better to be sure ;)

Yep, you can delete \Storage Card\copilot and \Storage\2577 on the phone.

When you did the map download on the PC, if you selected 'C' then you should find the folders c:\copilot and c:\2577. Copy these two folders to the phone to \Storage Card.
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fozzie63 wrote:
Note again, you should select the files with the extension .xls and NOT .csv ;)

Just to add to the confusion, I had a go yesterday and CoPilot will import the .csv file.
davey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok nearly their have got the data base on the storage card enabled poi custom category then custom type all, but is not picking up the cameras.
are their any other settings i need to adjust

davey
Venompeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the cameras as Custom/Custom 1, but they only show up when "Show all POIs" is enabled, if I ask it to just show the custom POIs or just custom/custom1 they never show up.

Any ideas?

Peter
travisb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venompeter wrote:
I have the cameras as Custom/Custom 1, but they only show up when "Show all POIs" is enabled, if I ask it to just show the custom POIs or just custom/custom1 they never show up.

I have the same problem. Speed cameras I want, bunny farms I can do without Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: