Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - same journey different route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

same journey different route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donster22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: same journey different route Reply with quote

hi

can anyone explain to me why tomtom3 keeps taking me one way to a location and then bringing me home a different way.

yesterday we went to a hospital and it took 50 minutes but coming back it found a cheeky little cut through over the moors. same departure and same destination just in reverse and 5 minutes quicker!!

similarly it brought me into leeds one way this morning and now it's taken my wife home a different route.

? i don't mind because i trust it completely but having to explain to the uninitiated what it's up to is a bit tricky.

thanks
don
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no idea but it does have it's little idiosyncrasies.

Whenever I go home via the M25 it always wants to take me off at J9. I always ignore it because that's the worst way and I tend to take J8. TomTom then always wants me to go to J8, turn round and go back to J9...!). Yesterday though, it wanted to take me off at J10 for the first time ever.

Strange.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it learn at all?

Because of heavy traffic I drove down a parallel road to the main road on my way home. All the way it wanted me to turn left and go back to the main road. I've used both the main road and the back road since, but now when I use the back road it uses "my" route and doesn't keep telling me to turn left!!
donster22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as mad as it might sound - i wondered about that too.

each morning it would try and take me one way to work but i know a better way. then, after a while, it started taking me my way.

i presume this is just a bug or somethin?
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donster22 wrote:
i presume this is just a bug or somethin?

I too wondered this but I'm betting on a bug. If only it really were a feature!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but it still won't remember the Aston Clinton by-pass on the A41 south of Aylesbury. It thinks I'm in a field and goes mad as I approach each overbridge. Doesn't know left from right!! Laughing
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
Yes, but it still won't remember the Aston Clinton by-pass on the A41 south of Aylesbury. It thinks I'm in a field and goes mad as I approach each overbridge. Doesn't know left from right!! Laughing

You should try driving north or south on the the A34 and go on the new road under the M4. It still thinks you need to go round the roundabout and has to recalculate 3 or 4 times before working out where you are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small wonder.......

Does the TTG overwrite the "speed" of a road after you have driven it and shown it the actual speed achievable?
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
Just a small wonder.......

Does the TTG overwrite the "speed" of a road after you have driven it and shown it the actual speed achievable?

I don't think so but I stand ready to be corrected. TT3 always over estimates the time it takes me to reach places. Whenever I leave it to navigate me home, it will say that it will take 5mins for the last 2 miles . . . of course it never takes this long so I'd guess that it does not remember these roads even though I use them every day.
5ifthmedia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: It has its litle niggles but still does the job... Reply with quote

Mine demands I get on the M62 via a dead end. How do you send updates to the map people?
Lincslad
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: It has its litle niggles but still does the job... Reply with quote

5ifthmedia wrote:
How do you send updates to the map people?

Via your "My TomTom" account at www.tomtom.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: