Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ruggedised Solution for 3900 series IPAQ with CoPilot Sleeve
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ruggedised Solution for 3900 series IPAQ with CoPilot Sleeve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_Soper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Ruggedised Solution for 3900 series IPAQ with CoPilot Sleeve Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an IPAQ 3950, with a CoPilot GPS sleeve, which I am very happy with. Works a treat in the car, and I am happy enough with the air vent mount supplied with the sleeve, for use in the car.

However, I also take the IPAQ out mountain biking, using Memory Map software. Before I had the sleeve, I bought a ruggedised case for the IPAQ, made by Compaq. The is made of thick rubber, with well sealed openings etc - good enough to take out in the wet and mud, and, with a bit of extra shock protection, good enough to mount on the bike.

This was fine when using it simply as a map. but now I have the GPS, it opens up the possibilities!

BUT, the fixed antenna on the GPS Sleeve prevents the unit from fitting into the case. Before I start cutting up the case, which will inevitably lead to loss of environmental performance, I wondered if anybody else out there has solved the same problem - or does somebody sell a case for this type of combo....

Thanks,

Pete
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that springs to mind is the Otterbox Armor 3600, but I have a feeling the antenna may be a little too long for the case.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/armor3600.php

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: