Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reviewed: Roadhawk DC-2 HD DashCam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviewed: Roadhawk DC-2 HD DashCam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reviewed: Roadhawk DC-2 HD DashCam Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com

For the last few months, years even, I've been terrified to drive around the streets of Bradford. OK, 'terrified' may be a slight exaggeration, but when you're almost the victim of someone else's recklessness you start wondering what would happen with regards to insurance claims if there's no clear proof of what happened.

For the last couple of weeks I've been using the Roadhawk DC-2. The DC-2 is a 'Full HD' (1080p) forward-facing camera with GPS, shock sensor and built-in microphone.

Click here to read the full review...
email icon
worried
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a twin cam on the front screen with gps and road speed, it has to be positioned such that the driver cant look at the screen (tis against the law to look)

also a simple one on the rear screen.

so far filmed four near accidents on front camera and every other day too close for comfort on the back camera

took the evidence of this one to the drivers office

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/pierre-pierre_2009/Clip01_zpsvcnx5pcz.jpg

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/pierre-pierre_2009/Clip03_zpsr3jjmgwh.jpg

Edited: Images changed to links as they were too wide - MaFt
worried
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could not remember what are where I got it, May 2013 Amazon

2.7 inch screen Dual Camera 5MP Car Blackbox DVR with GPS Logger and G-Sensor X3000
Sold by: Sourcingbay
£47.15
Condition: New

now i whow
2.7 inch screen Dual Camera 5MP Car Blackbox DVR with GPS Logger and G-Sensor X3000
by Sourcingbay
£27.66
More buying choices
£26.96new(17 offers)

full show here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WwuZn8J6IA
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered a Thinkware F750 2 Channel dash cam for the front & back screen of my car, all I have to do now is find the time to fit them Sad
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like this idea:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/216305-android-rear-view-mirror-dashcam.html

It's an Android rear view mirror with built in dashcam. Not too obtrusive so shouldn't stick out attracting thieves attention.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
paradad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Roadhawk DC-2 HD DashCam. Reply with quote

I would be tempted to edit this video because it shows you driving along the middle of a 3 lane motorway with nothing in the nearside lane which is now a traffic offence!
DGJones10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Dashcam Reply with quote

I have just read your article.
I have a mini0806 bought a couple of months ago.
It is quite small and fits behind the rear view mirror.
It has a mount permanently fixed to the windscreen which includes the power socket and the tiny camera slides into the mount.
The camera starts filming when the ignition is switched on and stops when ignition off. The power is taken from the cigarette socket and the cable slides behind the roof lining and the window rubber surround.
The camera is removed and connected by USB to the computer and the video is viewed on a supplied viewer. The film is split into 5 minute segments.
Fortunately not had reason to use the films., but they clearly show traffic day and night and reg nos are readable.
Very satisfied. cost about £100.
Optional filter not worth having as it fits magnetically and disappeared beneath the seat to be permanently lost after first time camera removed from mounting
bandeet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Roadhawk DC-2 HD DashCam. Reply with quote

paradad wrote:
I would be tempted to edit this video because it shows you driving along the middle of a 3 lane motorway with nothing in the nearside lane which is now a traffic offence!

On a forum that thrives on speed camera alerts would I be wrong to suggest these may not always be used to ones own advantage?

Can open, worms everywhere Twisted Evil
fruit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Nextbase 402G, used it regularly for a couple of months now.

Others' opinions on this hardware vary a lot but it works fine for me. It's hardwired with a £10 kit.

I also have a couple of Mobius but not tried them for dashcam usage yet.

As with most of such devices using Li cells, do not leave in the vehicle if it is subject to very high temperatures or direct sun. The batteries cook!
Major_Route
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Koonlung K1S front/rear 1080p dashcam and it's very discrete.

Here's a review
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2015/3/1/k1s-the-first-front-rear-hidden-1080p-dash-camera.html

Got mine from the bay for just over £200. It's only the cameras that attach to the windows and the brain/screen mounts out of view. This also means the main box is not subject to excess heat on hot days and hanging in view.

I hope one day car manufactures will build in cams as an option. They already have rear parking cams and rain sensors/speed limit cams so adding functionality to record a video front/rear while driving wouldn't add much. You can buy a separate front/rear cams now for £200 which is cheap by car option standards.
saragan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Roadhawk DC-2 HD DashCam. Reply with quote

paradad wrote:

I noticed that too. Not good!
K13ehr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this from Gearbest about 6 months ago, it's been updated since then but this one does all I need and is so tiny you forget it's there, takes a 32gb class six micro SD card, works well I think I have YT vid somewhere of mine (in Bradford too :D ), I'll link to it if I do.

Found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q9Cg_LwEeM
johnnym100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review.

How is the night driving video quality & detail?

I have friends with BlackVue 550 cams and the night quality is quite good.

I have a 1st generation Roadhawk RH-1 which is pretty outdated now in terms of speed, resolution and night sensitivity.

Would be great to see a back to back comparison of the DC-2 with something like the BlackVue

John.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Roadhawk HD and I've removed it, it's in a box in the boot, unused & unwanted and has been for quite sometime.

The reason? Quite simply the picture quality is poor, even when set to the best it can be, it's most certainly not worth the £220 I paid for it and as for night time just don't even bother.

Number plates are illegible and the picture quality is awful. I've tried an £85, 0805 unit and the picture quality over the Roadhawk HD was far superior, however it suffered a power problem & has been returned, so I now have another which is sitting in the boot awaiting fitment, but if it's the same as the previous one, then I'll be happy.

Would I recommend Roadhawk products? Most certainly not, I believe them to be vastly overpriced and too big, especially when you consider the size of the 0805/0806's that are on the market for a lot less.
PaulRoss1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Dash cams Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the cam should be mounted under the roof partly behind the driver, so it can see the driver's actions, possibly the detail of the speed, and the view in the side windows, any comments if this is a good idea?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: