Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Database download files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Database download files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Safety Camera Database download files Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the new safety camera database for use in CoPilot 5.

I merged the 3 spreadsheets together so I could do a single import, and noticed that the redlight sheet has text qualifiers on the names, but the gatso files don't.

Does anyone know whether the presence or absence of these qualifiers will affect the recognition of the POIs in CoPilot?

I removed the qualifiers and loaded them in, then discovered I had duplicates with the original entries, so I removed all and reloaded.
They seem to work ok on the pocket PC and exist on the PC, but do not show up as icons on the PC map. Could this be the cause?

Any feedback appreciated.
Beefy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you consolidated the different databases did you relate them to an ICON (BMP file)? This is maybe the reason why they are not showing up.

As to the "qualifiers" do you mean the descriptions for each POI entry? This is text that is optional. For a POI to work all you need is the Co-ordinates of the POI, the description is only there to identify the POI or it's location.
batman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Beefy.

I didn't relate anything to an icon BMP - I don't know if you can do that in CoPilot. My understanding is that CoPilot creates the icons for you - they show up fine on the Pocket PC, just not on the desktop. I suspect this may just be a glitch with the new release (CoPilot 5).

Regarding the text, you are correct - I'm talking about the descriptions.
It makes sense that the text is only an (optional) name - it was just that some names show as "REDLIGHT:25" for example, and others as GATSO:36 in the download spreadsheets, and I was wondering whether the quote marks were significant to the data.

From your response, I suspect not! Smile

Thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: