Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth Phones Supporting Two Simultaneous Connections
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth Phones Supporting Two Simultaneous Connections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Straker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth Phones Supporting Two Simultaneous Connections Reply with quote

I use TT Navigator in a car with a bluetooth iPaq and a Bluetooth GPS. I also have a Sony Ericsson bluetooth car kit which works well. However my phone, a Sony Ericsson T610 is not able to work with both the carkit and the iPaq (for TomTom traffic) at the same time.

I understand this is to do with the phone's inability to support more than one concurrent bluetooth connection.

Does anyone have recommendations of phones that are capable and would fit the bill? If we could build a list of capable handsets, this thread could become a useful reference??
EvilHomer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother to replace your existing handset Question
When faced with the same problem I purchased a Motorola V500 from Orange on P-A-Y-G and just leave it in the car under the front seat (plugged into a 4 way Cig Lighter adapter for charging). Once a month I check the balance and top up if required. The V500 is BlueTooth and GPRS so problem solved. :D

Mr E Homer.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth Phones Supporting Two Simultaneous Connections Reply with quote

Straker wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations of phones that are capable and would fit the bill? If we could build a list of capable handsets, this thread could become a useful reference??

See http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11105
which lists the detail - basically you are limited to a couple of phones that are known to support it, and a couple that might support it. Given I thought that SonyEricsson phones had the best chance of supporting two connections, and your T610 doesn't, the list really is the P800 (possibly), the P900 (should work), and the P910 (not out yet). Right now, I am not aware of any other phone that supports 2 (or more) connections, although the XDA / XDA2 / Orange M1000 are possible contenders.

Also, please test yourself before buying one of these phones on the basis of my internet only research.
Straker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried the Sony Ericsson P800 without success.

I'd certainly be interested in any experiences others readers have had.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pannasonic x70 i think will do multiple conections and xda2 will definatly do bt gps and bt headset at the same time as mine will Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than change your phone why not change your car kit? You can pick up a new Sony Ericsson HCA-20 for around £40 on eBay. I prefer the hard wired car kit to the bluetooth as the bluetooth car kit does not offer an aerial connection. With an aerial, the signal is noticeably better than just using the phone's inbuilt aerial.
Thrubwell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IPAQ 63xx series seems to work, however I've noticed that bluetooth handsfree kits have a delay in "waking up"from receiving the first audio connection during which there is no audio output.

This means that an audio direction from TT only wakes up the bluetooth link, I can't hear it unless there is a short enough delay until the next direction which works fine!
Erintech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Any more info on dual BT phones? Reply with quote

Just wondered if anyone has more info on other phone with dual BT.

I am hitting the problems mentioned in this thread.

Especially:

BT hands free car kits becoming the norm;

Most phones have single BT channel, so no spare channel for TomTom traffic;

I am with Orange, and the only possible dual channel phone (from previous replies) is the Sony 910, which is v. expensive (and the Sony site doesn't confirm dual channel)

The option of a spare BT phone in the glovebox means that to use my ipaq with my "main" phone away from the car means fiddling with the config.

Couldn't find any info from general google search...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: