Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M25 Speed Cameras Don't Work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M25 Speed Cameras Don't Work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a rum do, that's the section I use the most Sad

Have to watch my step.
SignumGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been going anti-clockwise at Heathrow..on the opposite side I saw a couple of gantry camera's flash...

....whether anything is connected to that flash is another discussion, but they were being triggered.
Europe V850.2784
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that a few times, even when there was no cars passing at the time. I suspect some form of regular discharge ?

Funny when it happens in darkness as the speeders suddenly slow down Laughing

Found this:

Quote:

Speed cameras monitoring more than 100 miles of the M25 - including a large stretch through Surrey - have not been switched on since they were installed five years ago.

The cameras that sit behind the electronic speed signs on overhead gantries have not been in operation since being fitted in 2009, due to technical and legal reasons.

David Davies, executive ­director of the Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety, said the cameras were installed without approval that their pictures could be used as evidence in court.

Another problem is that the Metropolitan Police handed monitoring responsibility to Surrey Police, causing technical issues.

He added: “It’s a cock-up. It’s poor that it’s gone on for so long.

“It’s also a waste of money. The National Audit Office should have a look at this.”

The only stretch of the 117-mile road where the cameras actually work is between junctions 2 and 3 in Kent.

But the Highways Agency promised cameras between junction 10, for the A3 at Wisley, and junction 16 for the M40 would be working by the summer.

An agency spokesman said: “As well as upgrading the cameras from film to digital, the police force carrying out the enforcement changed.

“We are addressing technical aspects to ensure the cameras provide evidence that can demonstrate a criminal offence.”

AA president Edmund King said: “It’s ironic that we have gone from one transport secretary talking about 80mph speed limits to the current one talking about 60mph limits on motorways.

“Yet on one of the busiest stretches of motorway, we haven’t been able to enforce the speed limit for years.”

Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: