Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom server down yet again !!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom server down yet again !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: tomtom server down yet again !!!!! Reply with quote

lost another 90 minutes of my life sitting in traffic on the m25 thanks to tomtom's server being down yet again,
cant be done with this crap service that I'm paying for.
time to go and check out what the other competitors are like .
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain, ended up stuck between junctions 28 and 27 this morning due to lack of HD Traffic.

No doubt TT's way of trying to get us to upgrade to the new models where you connect via your mobile
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guarantee tomtom wont be getting any more of my cash ,
Milesey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a complete mess TomTom LIVE has become. Hate to say it too, but time to look elsewhere. Garmin?
Brucey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto here with no live services at all on the journey to Cheshire from Nottingham.

Big fan of TomTom but even I'm starting to consider the alternatives.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swash wrote:

No doubt TT's way of trying to get us to upgrade to the new models where you connect via your mobile

That won't help if the TT servers are down... it's a slightly different download mechanism, but it's the same data from the same place.

What were you guys seeing on the "Network" screen? Were you "connected" but getting no downloads, or not connected? Were you seeing your MCC/MNC address and IMEI number etc?
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't check the network, but I did get a message saying "Ooops. We are having a problem with our server, Try again later". The service was off from 04:15 when I first switched on and was still off at 09:35 when I switched off. In this time I tried rebooting twice to no avail, but funnily when I switched the unit back on at 09:55 Live services were working. This was on a 1005.
Milesey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was connected fine, but the traffic indicator just went round, and round, and round ...
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swash wrote:

For the first time I have ever seen, Live Traffic was down this morning even on my Android version of TomTom, but then my phone is also on Skodafone. Shocked
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was down for me this morning (it had been down a couple of days last week), but all was well on way home.

It was very irritating being down this morning with the weather around here being likely to cause traffic problems

However I am not sure there is yet a real alternative to live traffic - so I did renew over weekend as it is better to avoid 90% of the jams than be caught up in 100%
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
but then my phone is also on Skodafone. Shocked

I used to own a Skoda - that's one of the PROPER ones which doubled in value when you pulled away from the petrol pump. Laughing My daughter bent it and when I got there the nice police person stopped me - don't want you going over there and giving her what for. I said, Don't worry mate, so long as she's unhurt, all I want to do is go check she really HAS written it off. She had and I said thank you. Wink

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staying on the (rather off-topic) theme of Skodas, my Dad had one of the first VW/Skoda cars - a Skoda Favorit Forum Plus. I even remember the registration :/

It wasn't a great car, but it was much better than their previous ones. And, unlike their comparative Eastern European rival, Lada, they've actually gone on to making some good cars. I'd say they're a pretty respectable company now.

So, as a slang name for Vodafone, I'd say that calling them Skodafone was actually a complement Wink
uklee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: TT Severs Reply with quote

I did email TT support about their servers not being operational and gave time dates and places when Ive not received any live traffic info - they replied by telling me to reset the unit etc.

I really don't believe they even read the content of the email they just appear to sent out standard replies.

It would be an idea if TT had a status page on what was operational and working.

Lee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: