Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POIs on TT Go820 LIVE?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POIs on TT Go820 LIVE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nock01
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: tomtom 820 live Reply with quote

Hi all
Silly question really, can you still download and apply speed cams and poi's to the tomtom 820 live

Thanks Ian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a silly question at all (but a BIT silly where you'd originally put it Wink )

Yes you can Smile You need to use "Add community content" in the 'MyTomTom' support application.

See the camera compatibility chart for full instructions (the 'G0 800 Series' is listed in the same section as the GO 1000 models).

Last edited by Andy_P on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
nock01
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy
still having probs, is it me or is it more complicated than when i had a tt510
Mad

Ian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's slightly more complicated in that you used to be able to copy all the camera files you needed and PASTED them into the correct folder on the TomTom. Now you need to use MyTomTom to achieve the same thing.

Where exactly are you having problems? Are you following the help file from that chart? (There are actually two methods, direct links for them are here:

Installation Guide (OV2) - That's the normal one where you unzip the camera files yourself, then select them all in MyTomTom to add to the Go.

Installation Guide (Single Zip File) - That's the alternative where you download a special version of the zipfile but can point MyTomTom to that single file to upload (it's intended for users who find they have a bug in Internet Explorer that stops them from selecting several files at once in MyTomTom.

Either should work for you, if you can say at exactly what step it goes wrong, we can probably help.
nock01
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy i'll try that and let you know how i get on
nock01
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now Andy, next time i download cams and install to tt do i have to keep "managing the poi's and setting distance,voice and on route or will it just overwrite them like my old tt 510

Thanks a lot
Ian Very Happy
hough7407
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: POI warning voices on GO Live 820 Reply with quote

I've followed your instructions for installing the database on my new GO LIVE 820 but am having problems when trying to pair the voice warnings with the appropriate POI. On my 820 I get to select the distance but on the next screen the only item is " warn only if POI is on route" with Done and Previous buttons at bottom of the screen, Clicking on Done returns me to Manage POIs page.
How do I get to add the voice warnings?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the 'warn if on route' and you should be taken to a screen to select the sound for the warning.
hough7407
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David
Thanks for your reply. Tried your suggestion - click warn on route and then clicked Done but still got same problem - no access to page to select warning voice.

Martin
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no. no..... Sad

NOT getting a screen where you can choose the sound is normal and CORRECT. If the sound file has the same name as the camera data file, then it gets selected AUTOMATICALLY.

This is a real old chestnut. It should be easy, but unfortunately the old instructions for voice warnings were always separate from the main camera database installation instructions, and they have never got merged together since we got the new voice packs in the main download, so people don't get to see them!

The original instructions are still here

The usual method is "Method 1". Follow those through and you get to a part where it says:
Quote:

Select the first camera in the list, if asked whether you want to delete or remove the warning answer NO.
You should now be asked to select the warning distance, followed by the Warn Only if POI on route – please set-up these options as per your normal preference, remember everyone will use different settings dependent upon how they use the device.

Note: You will be asked to choose a sound (Actually "Is this the sound you want") but will not be offered any options, this is normal. You will be asked 'Is this the sound you want?'. You should answer Yes on this screen. If you do, you will then see the warning distance screen and can proceed as normal.

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
No, no. no..... Sad ...
This is a real old chestnut
Would it not be a good idea if someone who knows what he's talking about (that nicely excludes me) were to revisit the guide to get it up to date? Supreme Angel
hough7407
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll use the TT820 tomorrow on my way to work - I pass a couple of cameras and I'll be able to see if the voice warnings have been automatically applied as you said.
I'll let you know what happens tomorrow night.

Martin
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always set up a simulated route past them to find out tonight without you getting cold Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hough7407 wrote:
Thanks for the answers guys. I'll use the TT820 tomorrow on my way to work - I pass a couple of cameras and I'll be able to see if the voice warnings have been automatically applied as you said.
I'll let you know what happens tomorrow night.

Martin

Just to emphasise... You do still have to go through the warnings set-up for every camera type i..e. setting the distance and "warn only if on route?" (your choice) for each one. It's only assigning the correct audio file that gets done for you.
hough7407
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for help Andy. Verbal warnings all work fine.

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: