Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live Services dies a DIFFERENT death.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Services dies a DIFFERENT death.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a small outage today, from Derbyshire to Cumbria. Traffic was working, then disappeared. I tried tapping the traffic option in the main menus, but it showed a detailed "we are experiencing an error" page that I didn't read all of. I tapped to close it, then restarted the satnav (740). Traffic resumed working again, though did drop out and pick up itself again.

All of this may just have been coverage, but I was on motorway all the way.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used my 750 Go Live today for the first time in 2 weeks and everything worked fine including HD Traffic. So, have they fixed it or was my experience because I haven't downloaded v9.465 app yet?

Cheers jack.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going round in circles with support but basically I had traffic out of rush hour times but not in for a couple of weeks or so, then a period of no traffic at all, which is when I contacted support, and now for the past week or so I'm back to to no rush hour traffic.

I'm due to renew any day now and map updates, I'm wondering wether to ditch the 940 and stick with the iPhone.
JG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TomTom has been working fine for a couple of weeks now. (They asked if they could download something to monitor my TT while all the trouble was going on and it has worked since the download - they might have been trying something).

Whatever they have done seems to have worked according to most people on the TT forums.

I am so pleased. I paid for a year of maps, and downloaded the latest a couple of days ago. Everything went flawlessly.

So today I downloaded Darth Vader's voice: both my children are Star Wars fans. Can't wait to see their reactions when I turn his voice on !

Go ahead and get the new maps - I just did.
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JG wrote:
My TomTom has been working fine for a couple of weeks now. (They asked if they could download something to monitor my TT while all the trouble was going on and it has worked since the download - they might have been trying something).

Whatever they have done seems to have worked according to most people on the TT forums.

I am so pleased. I paid for a year of maps, and downloaded the latest a couple of days ago. Everything went flawlessly.

So today I downloaded Darth Vader's voice: both my children are Star Wars fans. Can't wait to see their reactions when I turn his voice on !

Go ahead and get the new maps - I just did.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the maps you downloaded came out in August, the latest are due out sometime in November, so you should have waited a couple of weeks.
JG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theripper wrote:

Sorry to rain on your parade but the maps you downloaded came out in August, the latest are due out sometime in November, so you should have waited a couple of weeks.

Laughing Out Loud

I get a year of updates!

And they didn't like Darth Vader either ........ Sad
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but you could have started the year with the maps that come out in a fortnight or so. Sad
I would have imagined that Darth Vader would have been not the easiest voice to understand for directions either Very Happy
JG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Darth Vader is awful.

On the brighter side, I have just had my live service subscription extended by TT for a further month, so thats 7 weeks in all - I guess its 3 weeks for helping them and a month for the outage.

They just did it, no messages to say they had done it. I happened to check my data and found out

You think I could get my money back for Darth? I'll gladly return him....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: