Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live Services dies a DIFFERENT death.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Services dies a DIFFERENT death.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, the TomTom Discussions thread about lack of connection in USA is now reporting good connections - IN PLACES NOT AFFECTED BY THE HURRICANE - users are offering the opinion that with everybody out of contact in the hurricane affected areas, the lesser useage is enabling connections elsewhere.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what TomTom issues are now.

HD services seem to have major problems, including no login in from PC for updates

Today I connected devices to get updates:

TomTom Home will not let me log in on a 750 or 950 (login is greyed out), but can get mapshare!

My Tomtom: states updates available for 1005, I connect and login, but nothing happens, just the message 'connecting' on right had side.

Life is fun with TomTom

Just got my first error messages on 4 devices - error 148- 'we're experiencing technical difficulties.'

Still cannot login using TomTom Home or My TomTom
GO 920 Dead
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just connected my 550 Live and Home said it was up to date, which I find surprising. It didn't even say the usual about what a naughty person I am for not getting MapShare updates!

Disconnect and fire up, it gives error message for not connecting to Live Server.

Have they put a shilling in the meter? Are they going the way of Comet?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After arriving at work this morning I plugged my 550 into my laptop (just as a power supply), and every 10 minutes or so I've been manually trying to connect to HD Traffic or other parts of Live Services. Nothing at all. The traffic bar is displayed, with the revolving wheel icon, but no HD Traffic. Sad

The 550 is connected, as the connectivity status says 'Connected' and is displaying three bars of signal.

I think I'll be emailing TT CS this evening, for what good it will do. Crying or Very sad
JG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: No Live Service Reply with quote

I find it strange that there is so little about the lack of Tom Tom's Live Service on this forum until now. I have had problems for weeks, and thought it was my unit when I visited here a few days ago and found nothing about it.

The Tom Tom forum is full of it.

Here is a post from an admin, and my reply to him. These posts are from today - 02.11.2012 - the problem started on the 18th, and TomTom merge other threads to this one. It makes it look as though the problem was just on that day, and not a recurrent one. Good marketing. Anyway here is the post

-----------------------------------------
Kenneth
Community Manager

Re: Live Services Issue on 18-Oct-2012 (UK)
2 hours ago
Hello all,
I know this is a frustrating situation, but we are working on this with high priority. I don't have any definitive information yet on the cause or solution, but in the meantime I suggest that those of you who are affected read through our FAQ and send a note to our support team:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16635
We'll update you as soon as we know more.
Kenneth

Kenneth
Can you tell me how many levels of "priority" you have? After 2 weeks without service, "high" priority is meaningless.
Most reputable large organisations would have fixed this in a couple of days. Google Blackberry and see how they fixed their problems recently.
To keep saying after two weeks that it is now "high" priority and assuring us that your organisation is working on it is what I would expect from a third rate cowboy organisation.
If you (I don't mean you personally - when I say you I mean the Tom Tom organisation) do not have the expertise to sort out this debacle, why don't you get help from outside. The longer this continues, the more damage it will do to the reputation of your organisation and you will be thought of as a third rate cowboy outfit.
You have already been mentioned on Watchdog, and more consumer organisations will get involved if this continues. You will become the laughing stock of the gps world
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom emailed me saying ongoing problems and " Everybody that owns a running subscription will receive an extention of their live services once the services are working again."
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just driven 90 miles from Cotswolds to W London with the Traffic wheel spinning continuously - don't know why I'm bothering to post this!
Kia In-dash Tomtom
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:
don't know why I'm bothering to post this!
To help get the page count of this thread up to about 25 Shocked
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:
Just driven 90 miles from Cotswolds to W London with the Traffic wheel spinning continuously - don't know why I'm bothering to post this!

I've been driving about a lot recently, and after a few mins of this spinning, I pick a point where there are a few miles between me and the next manoeuvre and I power cycle my 740. This often gets it working again - I think it get stuck sometimes.
Brucey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My traffic reappeared about 2.30 ish this afternoon on the journey home though I had to re-enter my tomtom username and password on the unit.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I read on TT's forum that the service was back. So tried my 550 and it connected. An hour later I got the dreaded 'windscreen wiper'.

I'm really beginning to think that, though more limited, Garmin's OTA TM data compensates by being more reliable.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the factory settings route suggested by their support page only to get the 148 error when trying to log in. Unable to log in through Home or device. Have sent email to support with requested info.

Leaving work, going down the pub, not holding breath!

Thank God for the iPhone app, I should get there before closing time.
JG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
I tried the factory settings route suggested by their support page only to get the 148 error when trying to log in. Unable to log in through Home or device. Have sent email to support with requested info.

Leaving work, going down the pub, not holding breath!

Thank God for the iPhone app, I should get there before closing time.

Am I wrong in thinking that iPhone has contracted with TomTom to provide the mapping service and generally there had been numerous complaints - I thought I read that in the newspapers recently.

Anyway Tom Tom have asked if they could install something on my TomTom which will monitor whats happening, and have asked me to log in once a day so they can download the data,

My Live Services have been working for the last 4 hours (its now 20.10 GMT)

EDIT : sorry, didn't mean it to come out so big......
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find your referring to the Apple Maps app which replaced Google Maps, you're right it's not good! I was referring to the Tom Tom App.

Funnily enough as I left site tonight at 8pm I thought I'd give it one more try and I was able to log in from the device and had traffic bar (albeit clear) all the way back, it did say there were x number of incidents when it first connected.

Fingers crossed
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes just tried mine and it is back again. Could have done with it this morning, left sitting in a 2.5 mile traffic queue.
Kia In-dash Tomtom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: