Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live Services dies a DIFFERENT death.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Services dies a DIFFERENT death.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I DO hope that is extracted to u-Tube, could help put a firework up TomTom.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strickers wrote:
It might be for you but not for everyone, check out the 30 page thread on TomTom's discussion board!

DennisN's, post says it all! What suprises me is that there is not a 30 page thread in this forum. This is (of course) where disgruntled customers come when there is a problem.
strickers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is definitely about the UK.

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/LIVE-Services-HD-Traffic-and/Live-Services-Issue-on-18-Oct-2012-UK/td-p/353148
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
What suprises me is that there is not a 30 page thread in this forum. This is (of course) where disgruntled customers come when there is a problem.

I think there's a difference with these HD Traffic problems. It's a problem which we on this forum cannot solve - for so many things, "we" the pgpsw community include people who quite obviously know more about TomTom devices than TomTom customer support. Plus which, the community here responds so much faster than TTCS - I mean, when did an OP here ever get an auto response saying an answer will be sent within two working days? A couple of weeks ago, I got my nice new iPhone 5 and needed to raise a support ticket to get CamerAlert registration transferred from my old one. Minutes later, I was up and running.

But HD Traffic is not a matter of help available from knowledgeable members here. The knowledgeable members here know the problem can only be solved by TomTom, not by a hint or tip from our community. If it COULD be solved that way, it WOULD have been solved within a matter of days, if not hours or even minutes!

My apologies strickers, quite right there's a thirty page thread about it in UK - as you didn't include a link originally, I assumed you meant the one about "Live Services is a real Disappointment" (because I had been in that thread only a moment or two earlier).

strickers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No apology necessary Dennis.

I've spent 2 weeks on the line to TomTom, eventually I had had enough and contacted Watchdog. What really upset me was that they would never admit that there was a problem even with stacks of evidence to the contrary.

Rule 1, don't upset a chap who spends the occasional day at home on standby with not a lot to do!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strickers wrote:
No, this is definitely about the UK.

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/LIVE-Services-HD-Traffic-and/Live-Services-Issue-on-18-Oct-2012-UK/td-p/353148

There seems to be two threads running -(1) there are five pages and every single one of those is a post about the lengthy outage of Live traffic services in the USA - ALL the contributors are from the USA. (2) There is also the issue that has posted about in a different thread of 30 pages - I have looked at the first five of those and they are about an outage on the 18th. The UK issue does not really justify the comments on Watchdog - unless you know differently
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the UK issue justifies Watchdog's attention or not, I for one am very glad they did go there.

With any luck, TomTom will be sufficiently annoyed/embarassed to have a go at Watchdog and with even more luck, provoke Watchdog into doing a proper investigation into TT's performance.

Many of us have long prayed for the day of Watchdog getting involved.

JG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Folks

My TomTom has had problem with the Live Service for several days. I have been on the TomTom forum. The thread you mention was started on the 18th, and the very nice mods there shift any new thread about live services not working to that thread. I guess they don't want lots of threads from disgruntled people. At least they are not deleting the threads. There are loads of people having problems with Live Services, me included.

I did visit this forum a couple of days ago and was surprised to find it was not an issue here. I left thinking it was my Tom Tom at fault.

On the TT forum page for the Live Services there is an announcement from TT acknowledging the issues.

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/LIVE-Services-HD-Traffic-and/bd-p/Services

However they seem not to have the expertise to sort it out - or they couldn't be bothered. Which is surprising as they acknowledged a few days ago that it was a global issue.
JG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strickers wrote:
No apology necessary Dennis.

I've spent 2 weeks on the line to TomTom, eventually I had had enough and contacted Watchdog. What really upset me was that they would never admit that there was a problem even with stacks of evidence to the contrary.

Rule 1, don't upset a chap who spends the occasional day at home on standby with not a lot to do!

I couldn't agree more. I have just retired and have time on my hands.......

I'm thinking of getting in touch too. Also very annoyed that they have said they would not refund the live service fee. Now they have agreed (to some people) to extend the service for the time it has been down.

If I had known all this, I would not have renewed my TT Live service. I also have a Garmin, but let that Live service lapse as I preferred the TT mapping.
scotty76
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intermittent for me today. Never connected on a journey down the A34 this morning 9-10am. On the return journey it took 25 mins to connect.
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be one of the lucky ones
the only time the HD traffic on my 950 wont work is when I lose the Vodafone signal, and as for horizon I have just put my route for work tomorrow in as an itinerary with 12 drops from Medway via Fareham in Hampshire down to Poole and back via Salisbury and Hayling Island and Its showing the traffic along the whole route including Poole.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had any problems for a very long time.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday evening (Oct 31st), about 5.45 to 6.00 pm I had no HD Traffic - there was an error message displayed that I've haven't seen before. I'm sure it started 'Oops' and mentioned 'Technical Issues'. I wasn't in a position to make a detailed note of what it said. Has anyone else seen that message? It's a new one on me. This was in the East Yorkshire area.

Thursday (Nov 1st) Used in East Yorkshire and in Lincolnshire. No problems noticed.

Friday (Nov 2nd), around 6.30am, I had 'An error occurred on the TomTom server. Please try again'. I did try again, but no joy. This was in the East Yorkshire area.

This is all using a 550 Live. Are TomTom still having problems, or is this now just me?
Brucey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd had no recent problems until this morning with my GL 1000, left Nottingham this morning to go to Runcorn and live services were lost about J18 northbound on the M6.

Tried connecting to other live services such as weather and got the "error occured on TomTom server".

Not good especially when my live services sub is up next month.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I am having similar issues. I have had the "Oops" message with SIM error 148 saying if this goes on contact TomTom support.

In network status I am frequently showing several bars signal strength but not connected.

Today I am connected but just get the revolving icon with "Connecting to TomTom server, One moment please......." followed by an error occured on the server.

There is a message on the TomTom site about this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: