Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Changes to how HD Traffic displays updates?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes to how HD Traffic displays updates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixhundred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Changes to how HD Traffic displays updates? Reply with quote

My 1005 has the latest maps and the latest firmware and I've noticed a change to how HD Traffic notifies of updates.

I have it set to ask me about taking faster routes. Until recently it comes up on the screen saying how much faster the route is and would I like to take it (Yes/No). It still does this but only the first time.

If the traffic subsequently changes it just puts a blue bar at the top of the screen. This says "new route found, x minutes faster". I then have to tap the blue bar to take the new route. I also get messages saying "new route found, just as fast".

Are others seeing this? I've downloaded the latest manual and it doesn't make any mention of the blue bar.

It's not a problem however I prefer the screen asking Yes/No, it's more obvious.
mmm-five
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same, and it's basically just giving you an update of the same faster router that it initially told you about. If you've changed your mind and want to take that route then it's a 1 tap selection.

If it finds a new, different, faster route, then it will come up with the yes/no screen again.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Via 120 does this. I prefer it to the big splash screen I used to get on my One.

Mark
sixhundred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm-five wrote:
If it finds a new, different, faster route, then it will come up with the yes/no screen again.

Haven't noticed this although makes sense. The blue bar notice is therefore just a tweak to the new faster route already selected. If a completed new route appears then the splash screen appears. Sounds sort of sensible.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm-five wrote:
I get the same, and it's basically just giving you an update of the same faster router that it initially told you about. If you've changed your mind and want to take that route then it's a 1 tap selection.

That's NOT my experience...

I still get the full screen message for large route/time changes.

But I get the blue bar at the top for any SMALL changes (up to around 5 minutes).

But as far as I'm concerned it is not working properly...

Firstly because there's no way to check the new route before accepting it - it may take you another fifty miles to save 5 minutes)

And secondly because the ONLY thing you can do is tap the bar, which means you accept the route.
There's no way to reject it and stay on your current route unless you ignore the bar, in which case it stays on screen until you have passed the route change.

Sometimes that means I have driven over 100 miles with that damned message on screen.
sixhundred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the challenge is something has been changed yet there's no obvious documentation on how this works nor what it improves.

Experience to date has been I get the splash screen just once and then the blue bar. This just stays there and it's not clear if I'm on the fastest route or it's saying click me to take the fastest route. I prefer to be asked with the splash screen and then interrogate it's proposal before accepting. Surely some sort of options would be useful.

Don't get me wrong I still think the HD traffic is awesome however this "improvement" seems a bit cobbled together. It's just not clear. Or perhaps I need to be Dutch!
scotty76
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find big delays = full screen splash screen. Little delays = blue bar.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a small delay of 5mins or less prompted the blue bar, and greater than 5mins was the full screen display? Tomtom have always had 5minutes set as the tipping point for route recalculation I believe!

iPhone 12
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty76 wrote:
I find big delays = full screen splash screen. Little delays = blue bar.

Didn't I say that, 2 posts above? Laughing
scotty76
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you did. I was agreeing with you. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: