Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSW POI's and TomTom 820
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSW POI's and TomTom 820
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormtracker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks - TT 820 Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Stormtracker wrote:

Finally, I have also noticed a bug within the "Favorites" in which I have brought it to TomTom's attention in which they are looking into.

Can you elaborate? Smile

Hi Andy,

In the "Navigate To" menu, if you select a "Favourite".

1: None of the entries are in Alphabetical order
2: If you press the search button and type in your favourite's name, the unit is unable to locate it.

Obviously, if you only have a couple of entries, it isn't a problem but if, like myself, have 70 favourites, you have to scroll through every entry until you find it.

I am a multi-drop driver and have several customers with the same company name but different locations and therefore, have to scroll through all my entries until I find the correct one. At least if the search worked properly, I could search for my customer, then just pick the one I need.

However, if you go to "Settings" menu, then to "Favourites", that's all in Alpha order properly. It's just on the "Navigate To" menu,

Regards,
Stormtracker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to my previous post - June 26th:

Today - June 28, 2012, Tom Tom have put out a new Device Software Update for a few devices including our 820's.

New Device System Software Version 12.035.

The bug I noted above and informed TomTom about, has now been fixed and all is working perfect, as it should be.

So, TomTom do listen to their customers after all Smile

That's one for the consumers Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks - TT 820 Reply with quote

Stormtracker wrote:

In the "Navigate To" menu, if you select a "Favourite".

1: None of the entries are in Alphabetical order

They are now presented in distance order from your current location. TT would say: "That's not as bug, Sir... it's a feature" Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I'm WRONG! - see next post.

Stormtracker wrote:
2: If you press the search button and type in your favourite's name, the unit is unable to locate it.

There *is* a bug (well, actually more a limitation of the NAV3 program), where it cannot search beyond a distance "horizon" (I can't remember the exact figure now...), but I just tried adding enough Favourites on a Go1005 so I got a list longer then one screen-ful and I *could* search for them by typing in the first few letters of the name, including one about 67 miles from home as the crow flies.

Last edited by Andy_P on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to apologise and completely withdraw the first half of my previous post.
I managed to confuse myself by some botched experiments.

I now reckon that on every NAV2 (old models) and NAV3 (new) unit I can lay my hands on, the Favourites are always listed alphabetically (punctuation and numerals being listed before letters).

That's true for the lists of Favourites created both for "Navigate to..." and for "Manage Favourites".

So we are back with a mystery... why is Stormtracker's Go820 behaving differently to every other model I know of?

Stormtracker.... How ARE they being listed? Is it in order of distance from you?
Stormtracker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
So we are back with a mystery... why is Stormtracker's Go820 behaving differently to every other model I know of?

Stormtracker.... How ARE they being listed? Is it in order of distance from you?

Thinking about it now, I would imagine that they were in the order of distance from current location. It just looked jumbled up. All that said, why the search couldn't find a single entry is beyond me.

However, as stated in my post yesterday. Now that TT have issued a new Device Software update, everything is working fine. Favourites are in alphabetical order and the search works and can find my entries even using part of favourite name.

My next task, is to try and get TT to unlock the USB port, so that I can gain access to the internal memory to enable me to create manual backups Smile
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormtracker wrote:

My next task, is to try and get TT to unlock the USB port, so that I can gain access to the internal memory to enable me to create manual backups Smile

For a Nav3 device??

Don't waste your time trying. It ain't gonna happen..........

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: